An entertaining, if confusing, game
Story Summary: Three bumbling Gods responsible for recreating Earth as an experiment hire a zeppelin captain and his pilot/mechanic Flawkes to deliver parts so they can repair their planet-building machine. The devil, who sabotaged the planet-building machine, talks Flawkes into editing the Earth into his own image. Flawkes must entertain the proto-humans (called Buddies) to produce FUN, a currency that can be used to build machines and pull heavy objects out of the stratosphere.
This game is a mix of puzzle-solving and building and driving around in your own crazy vehicles. The faster/higher they go, the more entertained the Buddies will become and the more FUN you earn.
Playtime: about 6 hours to complete the story mode
* The story and visuals are hilarious at times: the first time I had a “Buddy dance party”, I was laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe.
* Vehicle building is easy and fun, designs can be saved and reloaded at will. Or, if you don't enjoy it, you can use pre-made blueprints and skip vehicle building altogether.
* Game lets you import and use your own music for Buddy dances.
* Crashes, bugs, and insufficient auto-saves. Twice I managed to strand a submarine underneath the seafloor, once while going past a loading screen and another while editing the submarine when it was resting on the sea floor. The game only autosaves at the beginning of a new season, and seasons are very long. I’ve also read reports of the game failing to load saves made at particular times.
*** Important: if you decide to play this, save your game often and save in a new slot each time. ***
* Sometimes it’s hard to know what the game expects you to do. I had to consult a walkthrough for the volcano restarting section in winter, and for the tornado sequence in summer. I also had to look up online what the key for placing clefs was. (Enter.) This might be due to poorly-done translation of the guiding text (Cargo was originally developed in Russian.)
* Airplanes don’t control well.
If you’re a fan of games with weird characters and settings, like Zeno Clash, a fan of games where you build vehicles, like Spore or Kerbal Space Program, or a fan of silly nonsense humor, I think you'll enjoy this game.