You should play this game if you meet the following requirements:
- you're lucky enough to get the game working on the first try
- you are willing to do much of reinstalling, updating and verifying
- you don't care about achievements
- you don't use quick save every 30 seconds
+ great environmental details, landscapes, day/night cycle and weather
+ Jaffar, ♥♥♥ yes!
- not so great voice acting
- few of the nice elements like sand, parrots and powder barrels weren't enough to make the dull and repetitive combat more dynamic
- the cutscenes aiming to be dramatic ended up being ridiculous
- story was rather unremarkable and the whole world coulda been a bit more unique and more creative
- Kraken fight, really?
- this game doesn't replace quicksaves so make sure you have a good 10-15gb room for them
- it's weirdly disconnected from steam, so you'll have to work hard to get any of the 'do this x times" achievements
Rpgs are my life and I love the pirate theme, but this game just didn't work for me. I hear Risen 3 is much better. Onto it.