Boy grabs sled. Boy rides sled. A simple concept yields endless fun and the latest Internet Phenomenon is born! In Line Rider the player draws their own landscape with a simple pencil tool creating as many ramps, hills, and jumps as they can imagine. Then they send a virtual sledder careening down the course until he wipes out.
Release Date: Sep 2, 2009
Watch all 4 trailers
"Oh My Jesus God. As a game designer there are some games that just make you want to weep... the simplicity, the elegance, the grace: why didn't you think of that. Line rider was one of those games. The first time I saw it I thought to myself 'I could make forty beautiful games out of this'. The first time I played it I thought to myself 'this is a beautiful game'."
[Number Four on EDGE's TOP 10 GAME DESIGN INNOVATIONS 2007]
About the Game
Boy grabs sled. Boy rides sled. A simple concept yields endless fun and the latest Internet Phenomenon is born! In Line Rider the player draws their own landscape with a simple pencil tool creating as many ramps, hills, and jumps as they can imagine. Then they send a virtual sledder careening down the course until he wipes out. The possibilities in Line Rider are only limited by the player's imagination.
- Story Mode: Bosh v. Chaz to get the best sled and Bailey's love with over 40 mind-bending puzzle tracks created by TechDawg.
- Puzzle creation mode: design your own twisted puzzles for the world to solve.
- Freestyle mode: the classic way to create your own masterpieces with cool tricks and sound effects.
- Easy track uploading & sharing: post your best tracks and challenge the Line Rider community to solve your puzzles.
- More Everything: 12 new line types, multiple line riders, tons of sound and particle effects, and unlockable rewards.
- OS: Windows Xp
- Processor: 2.0GHz CPU
- Memory: 512MB Ram
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4400 64MB video ram
- DirectX®: DirectX 9.0 compatible sound and video card
- Hard Drive: 2.0GB free hard disk space
Line Rider © 2008 InXile Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Distributed by Genius Products, LLC, 2461 Santa Monica Boulevard D-727, Santa Monica, CA 90404.
5 of 5 people (100%) found this review helpful
120 products in account
61.7 hrs on record
The only reason i have so many hours played on this game is because i went on vacation and forgot to exit the game. But it is actually pretty fun... and pretty easy xD. For the levels i have been playing you draw a line on the lines provided and your snowboarder rides on them. If you screw up your snowboarder could flip upsidedown and brake his neck. THEN you start over.
10 of 17 people (59%) found this review helpful
36 products in account
2 of 2 people (100%) found this review helpful
0 of 5 people (0%) found this review helpful
Game Developers Choice Award for Innovation, 2007
Number Four on EDGE's (Formerly Next-Gen) TOP 10 GAME DESIGN INNOVATIONS 2007