Have you ever wondered what it would have been like to try and make your way in a world of corruption, religious intolerance, violence, hatred, greed and injustice? Well look no further, the Guild 2 offers you a chance to carefully weasel your way to the top of the food chain via sabotage or bribery, blackmail or brute force.
The Guild 2 offers a variety of settings for you to play the game. The year starts in 1400 in a variety of famous French, German, Danish & Austrian cities. The Pirates of the European Seas adds the larger maps of London, Denmark, Holland, Southern Sweden stretching to western Germany. This is because of the addition of sailable ships which can be used for either fishing, exploration or piracy. Before you start a game, you have to choose the rules. There is a difficulty slider, it only effects how much money you start off with, I put it on easy because you start off with 10,000 gold. There's also multiple game types you can choose from, eliminating your enemies, rising to power, gaining wealth or just free mode.
After that you choose your emblem and then character creation. You only have the option to create one playable character. Gender is important in the sense that if you choose to play as a woman you will be incapacitated during pregnancy. However once you marry, you play as your spouse. Making a family is important for your dynasty's survival. There are four classes available and you cannot change them in game. Scholars, Rogues, Craftsmen & Patrons,
Each class has a variety of buildings they're allowed to build and purchase. There are level requirements to upgrade your buildings, however gaining experience is done easily by going through stages of life. (marriage, children, politics)
Overall I would rate the general gameplay extremely enjoyable, on the highest settings this game looks very pretty despite its poor choice in character quality and design. If it were more realistic looking, this game would be fantastic.
There are also serious game breaking glitches, including pathfinding problems for the handcarts that transport your important products to be sold at the market.
- This is a Medieval jerk simulator.
- Having a wife & kids is important, you age faster than you'd expect.
- There's four classes, each with respective roles in medieval society. With the Pirates of the European Seas, you can fish and also attack trading ships.
- There's various ways to lose, the most obvious is by death, you can also be in debt for two seasons in a row and will be exiled.
- The politics of the game allow you to dispatch your rivals in a variety of unique ways.
- Finally, the glitches. The Guild 2 has multiple glitches despite the fact that it is aged they will probably have no fixes.