An all-new action-strategy game from PopCap, makers of Bejeweled and Peggle! Zombies are invading your home, and the only defense is your arsenal of plants! Armed with an alien nursery-worth of zombie-zapping plants like peashooters and cherry bombs, you'll need to think fast and plant faster to stop dozens of types of zombies dead in...
Release Date: May 5, 2009
Watch all 2 trailers
Buy Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition
Packages that include this game
Buy PopCap Complete Pack
Includes 34 items: Zuma Deluxe, Bejeweled 2 Deluxe, Chuzzle Deluxe, Insaniquarium Deluxe, AstroPop Deluxe, Bejeweled Deluxe, Big Money! Deluxe, Bookworm Deluxe, Dynomite Deluxe, Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe, Hammer Heads Deluxe, Heavy Weapon Deluxe, Iggle Pop Deluxe, Pizza Frenzy Deluxe, Rocket Mania Deluxe, Typer Shark! Deluxe, Talismania Deluxe, Bookworm Adventures Deluxe, Peggle Deluxe, Venice Deluxe, Mystery P.I.™ - The Lottery Ticket, Amazing Adventures The Lost Tomb™, Mystery P.I.™ - The Vegas Heist, Peggle™ Nights, Bejeweled Twist, Mystery P.I.™ - The New York Fortune, The Wizard's Pen™, Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition, Amazing Adventures Around the World, Escape Rosecliff Island, Mystery P.I. - Lost in Los Angeles, Bookworm™ Adventures Volume 2, Zuma's Revenge!, Bejeweled® 3
"Funny, endless, ridiculously good value." - PCGAMER
About the GameAn all-new action-strategy game from PopCap, makers of Bejeweled and Peggle!
Zombies are invading your home, and the only defense is your arsenal of plants! Armed with an alien nursery-worth of zombie-zapping plants like peashooters and cherry bombs, you'll need to think fast and plant faster to stop dozens of types of zombies dead in their tracks. Obstacles like a setting sun, creeping fog and a swimming pool add to the challenge, and with five game modes to dig into, the fun never dies!
- Play five game modes: Adventure, Mini-Games, Puzzle, Survival, plus the stress-free Zen Garden
- Conquer all 50 levels of Adventure mode through day, night, and fog, in a swimming pool and on the rooftop
- Battle 26 types of zombies including pole-vaulters, snorkelers and Zomboni drivers
- Earn 49 powerful perennials and collect coins to buy a pet snail, power-ups and more!
- Open the Almanac to see all the plants and zombies, plus amusing facts and quotes
- Browse Crazy Daves shop for special plants and tools to stem any zombie assault
- Amazing graphics and soundtrack, plus a bonus music video
- Infinite replayability: the game is never the same experience twice!
- Unlock all the Steam Achievements
PC System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
- Processor: 1.2GHz+ processor
- Memory: 1GB of RAM
- Graphics: 128MB of video memory, 16-bit or 32-bit color quality
- DirectX: DirectX 8 or later
- Hard Drive: 65+MB of free hard drive space
- Sound: DirectX-compatible sound
Mac System Requirements
- OS: Mac OS X 10.5.8-10.6.x
- Processor: Intel Core Duo 1.66GHz+
- Memory: 1GB of RAM
- Graphics: 64MB of video memory, 16-bit or 32-bit color quality
- Hard Drive: 50+MB of free hard drive space
- Sound: Standard audio
©2009 PopCap Games, Inc. All rights reserved. The PopCap logo and all other trademarks used herein that are listed at www.popcap.com/trademarks are owned by PopCap Games, Inc. or its licensors and may be registered in some countries. Other company and product names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners and are used for the benefit of those owners.
More like this
132 of 155 people (85%) found this review helpful
64 of 70 people (91%) found this review helpful
117 products in account
5.2 hrs on record
Plants vs. Zombies is one of the best tower defense games on the market. The added bonus of an enjoyable zombie theme just adds to the games value. If you enjoy tower defense games, this is a must-have, especially for the price.
48 of 54 people (89%) found this review helpful
214 products in account
972.3 hrs on record
The endless mode is one of the greatest things ever put in a game. I've spent over 100 hours in this game and the endless mode is one of those reasons, that and leaving the garden running while doing other things. Everyone I've shown this game to ends up loving it. This is also a much better version than the ones you see on tablets.
33 of 42 people (79%) found this review helpful
28 of 34 people (82%) found this review helpful
920 products in account
62.7 hrs on record
No doubt, one of the most addictive games I ever played. If you like strategy, with lots of fun, this is the game for you. It is a tower defense genre, but you defend hords of zombies from getting into your home and eating your brain. From the soundtrack to the zombie characters and Crazy Joe, you'll have a lot of fun with this one.
I recommend it.
I recommend it.