Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
Hard Time is Money Build a profitable privately run prison from the ground up. Every wall, every fence, every decision is yours. Start small and forge your reputation as a first rate warden. Grow your facility to SuperMax capabilities, housing the most dangerous and diabolical criminals on earth - all for the bottom line.
Packages that include this game
Buy Simulation Gaming Pack
Includes 9 items: Prison Tycoon 3™: Lockdown, Hunting Unlimited™ 2008, 18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul, Ride! Carnival Tycoon, Sprint Cars Road to Knoxville, Midnight Outlaw: 6 Hours to SunUp, 18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker, Prison Tycoon 4: SuperMax, Hunting Unlimited 2010
About the Game
Hard Time is Money
Build a profitable privately run prison from the ground up. Every wall, every fence, every decision is yours. Start small and forge your reputation as a first rate warden. Grow your facility to SuperMax capabilities, housing the most dangerous and diabolical criminals on earth - all for the bottom line.
- If you build it… Manage the layout, construction, and equipping of your lockdown. Every choice determines the safety and respectability of your prison.
- Us vs Them - Staff your prison from guards to rehabilitation experts. Your decisions and budgets govern your team’s morale and overall performance.
- Break ‘em Down - Manage the security levels throughout your prison. Too strong a grip can explode in prisoner riots – too weak and the gangs will run your stir.
- Bad to the Bone! Lock up the worst of the worst in the NEW Restricted Access Quarters for 23 hours a day with 1 hour for outside exercise.
- Someone’s Gotta Pay! Build prisoner factories to bring in some extra income to help keep the prisons finances healthy.
- Be the Big Boss! Determine your prisoner’s fate - release your prisoner on parole or keep them locked up for the safety of society (and your pocketbook)
- Control or Be Controlled! Keep the peace among the prison gangs or one may take over certain areas of the prison as their own.
- OS: Windows® XP/Vista
- Processor: Pentium® III 1.4 GHz or faster
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX® 9.0c compliant 64 MB Video card and drivers (GeForce2 / ATI 7000 / Intel GMA 900)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 800 MB of free space
- Sound: DirectX 9 compatible sound card and drivers
© 2008 Microvalue. Portions of this software are included under license. © 2008 Numerical Design, Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Published and distributed by ValuSoft, a division of THQ Inc. “Prison Tycoon,” ValuSoft, THQ and their respective logos are service marks, trademarks and or registered trademarks of THQ Inc. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners. All Rights Reserved.
23 of 31 people (74%) found this review helpful
0.8 hrs on record
Do you like building up a prison and haven't played the prison tycoon 3? Then don't buy this nor the third one since nethier have a tutorial so good luck in trying to play the game (Get prison architect instead save your money for that and a enjoy a more complex, better polished game which also has better graphics.)
25 of 36 people (69%) found this review helpful
21 of 29 people (72%) found this review helpful
10 of 15 people (67%) found this review helpful
5 of 9 people (56%) found this review helpful