Bought within a set a long time ago and decided to play it again, so price isn't a factor in this. Also, I do not normally play driving games (racing or otherwise) and have not played Euro Truck Simulator 2
(newer by the same developer).
I only played this game for an hour on easy and did not advance out of Canada. I did, however, complete 4 hauls.
- Graphics were good enough for this game for being 5 years old.
- Decent AI who would me and the fissures.
- Good handling of the transitioning traction from snow to ice or ice to snow.
- Simpler gameplay to 18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul
- No tutorial (why do I need to slow down on ice).
- Limited replayability.
I enjoyed this in a "drive a big rig like a Ferrari" kind of way. This felt very arcadeish compared to the aforementioned predacessor to this game. Because I didn't fear falling through the ice, I enjoyed drifting my trailer around corners. I did enjoy the traction change from ice to snow or snow to ice, definitely can tell the difference between the two in the handling of the truck.tl;dr: In summary, I would recommend this to someone who is a fan of the genre, otherwise I wouldn't. 3/10