First of all this game will require Uplay to play and you will have to lock your serial to that one account so don't forget the information. While annoying, this is doable and not the only game like it. Wish I had read more of the steam reviews before buying. I would not recommend this game and if you already bought it, my sympathies, but it is not the next Black and White. Buy at own risk, I cannot stress this enough.
Controls and Mechanics: Saw a lot of complaints about this. Some buttons are counter intuitive or not 'the norm' but you can grow accustomed to them fairly quickly there's only two really weird ones. UI is spare so you aren't overwhelmed with options. Movement of the cursor corresponds with the movement of your avatar and 90% of the time this is fine and you get used to it fast. The other 10% of the time it will go too far too fast or something at just the wrong time and Bad Things will happen because of it (this has caused me to restart at least one map). Similarly 1-2-3-4 isn't hard to remember, but when the powers attributed to them shift around you have to constantly check the menu to make sure you're using the right power.
The AI of the people is actually fairly decent - when it works. When it doesn't you get dozens of annoying little voices screaming at you from the top of a hastily erected pillar as rivers of lava flow around them, voices which you cannot stop until either that lava does, or one of your powers comes up, etc. Furthermore idiotic people have cost me wins before, causing me to have to restart some maps several times or making simple tasks very hard.
Camera: Similar to dungeon crawlers, up above and slightly behind the avatar with the option to zoom in a little or to zoom in completely (and not be able to do anything) on just one of your humans. Like the controls 90% of the time this is fine, but when it goes wrong it can be very frustrating giving the fast liquids you are working with.
Now to the reason I am writing this review: some spoilers ahead (I try not to name names).
Surprisingly interesting premise and I genuinely wanted to see my people through and to find out more about what had happened before me. The cut scene between maps gets annoying overtime since its pretty long and just the same footage over and over again but that's not game breaking. What is game breaking is the end. The last level. First of all the game froze just as I was about to complete it so I had to go back and do it all over again (first time this had happened). I hesitate to detail what exactly happens but suffice to say that I was extraordinarily displeased, felt that absolutely NONE of the plot points were tied up (they didn't even try to softball something in or if they did it was too subtle for my shock and disappointment to see it), we weren't given any revelations or massive info dumps, its one giant screw you to the idiot stupid enough to waste their time on this game. Before the end I was willing to give this game a pass and say there were some levels worth redoing, some content worth getting every little bit from, but afterwards I uninstalled the game without second thoughts.
Pubblicata: 25 Febbraio 2014