I FIXED IT!
To everyone that keeps saying that Uplay crashes and that you can't play this is what you need to do:
1) Uninstall the game and Uplay (AKA Ubisoft Launcher)
2) Install Uplay from Ubisoft's site.
3) Login with your account (on Uplay) and make sure you're online.
3.1) There is an option to activate game, choose it.
3.2) Copy the game's activation code to it (the one Steam provides you)
3.3) It will ask you if you want to activate From Dust to that account, choose yes.
4) In Uplay, choose "Go Offline", and that's it (but don't close Uplay).
6) Install the game on Steam and play
Note: In Uplay's settings I recommend that you choose "Always start Offline" and disable any synchronization to Uplay (specially the save files), because it is absolute garbage, you should also disable overlay.
For those wondering, the problem is the interaction between Steam and Uplay, and the fix is launching (and installing) Uplay by itself instead of letting Steam do it.
The game itself is a lot of fun, it sucks that Ubisoft had to ruin it, I would recommend the game, but not the company.