Verfasst: 10. Dezember 2014
Even though I'm giving it a thumbs up, I have mixed feelings about this game. The Cartel is the worst game in the Call of Juarez series, but it does have a few features that other games in the series (and even many co-op FPS games in general) don't have and make this game unique and somehow enjoyable to play. I would recommend this, but only when it's heavily discounted and you've got one or two friends to play in co-op with.
+ Good campaign mode with epic storyline, 4 endings and amazing soundtrack.
+ Co-op mode.
+ Replayable: 3 playable characters each with their own objectives, perspectives, roles and different dialogues (e.g. talking with different characters on the cellphone). The storyline is character-driven so it may vary based on what character you're playing with.
+ Car chases
+ Random challenges mid-game (e.g. kill X enemies before the other players). It kinda kills the teamwork sometimes but I find it to be a nice addition.
+ Great variety of guns and configurable FoV (look in the Steam community guides)
- The main menu and the first levels are dull (luckily the game gets slightly better and more interesting afterwards).
- Technically horrible: graphics are worse than its predecessors and graphical glitches are not missing. Buggy, and audio could have been better.
- Lack of options.
- Gunplay is monotonous and annoying blur when aiming down sight.
- Car driving physics could have been better.
- No drop-in joining (players can only join your co-op match at the start of a level).
- Enemies are 100% accurate and grenades are useless.
- Multiplayer deathmatch is nothing special.Personal rating: 5.8/10
If only Techland had more time to develop this and made it primarly for PC it could have been a stunning game; it has co-op, the features mentioned in the pros are cool and the story is top notch, but the rest is heavily unpolished.
Tip before you play: don't tell your friends what your *personal* objectives are, what items you steal and what dialogues your character hears.