Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Help us translate Steam
Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands is the next chapter in the fan-favorite Sands of Time universe. Visiting his brother's kingdom following his adventure in Azad, the Prince finds the royal palace under siege from a mighty army bent on its destruction.
View all 7 screenshots
Watch all 3 trailers
Buy Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands™
About the Game
Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands is the next chapter in the fan-favorite Sands of Time universe. Visiting his brother's kingdom following his adventure in Azad, the Prince finds the royal palace under siege from a mighty army bent on its destruction. When the decision is made to use the ancient power of the Sand in a desperate gamble to save the kingdom from total annihilation, the Prince will embark on an epic adventure in which he will learn to bear the mantle of true leadership, and discover that great power often comes with a great cost. Game features include:
- Classic Gameplay Reinvented: From huge-scale multi-enemy combat to dizzying feats of acrobatic prowess in gigantic environments enhanced by the Prince's ability to control nature and time, Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands will push the Prince's prodigious abilities to unseen levels.
- A Blockbuster Experience: Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands will offer players unforgettable set pieces made possible by the advanced technology offered by the award-winning Anvil engine. With all-out war at the gates of the kingdom, the Prince's abilities will be challenged like never before through the course of epic wow moments.
- Mastery Over Nature: Wielding powers of nature and time, the Prince will have unparalleled mastery over his environment and his enemies. The Prince will discover that harnessing the forces of nature itself will prove to be a devastating companion to his ability to rewind time.
- Return of a Fan-Favorite Franchise: Set between Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time™ and Prince of Persia: Warrior Within™, Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands will provide fans a new chapter in the Prince of Persia universe and deepen their understanding of the Sands of Time series.
A PERMANENT HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS GAME. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO CREATE A UBISOFT ACCOUNT WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT. UBISOFT MAY CANCEL ACCESS TO ONLINE FEATURES UPON A 30-DAY PRIOR NOTICE PUBLISHED AT http://www.princeofpersia.com
- OS: Windows XP (SP3) / Windows Vista (SP2) / Windows 7
- Processor: 2.6 GHz dual-core Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or higher recommended)
- Memory: 1 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista, Windows 7 (2 GB / 4 GB recommended)
- Graphics: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (512 MB recommended) (see supported list*)
- DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 8 GB
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c–compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)
- Peripherals Supported: Windows-compliant keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
- Internet Connection: Broadband Internet connection with 128 kbps or faster
*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 100 / 200 / GTX series
ATI RADEON X1600 / HD 2000 / HD 3000 / HD 4000 / HD 5000 series
Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.
© 2003–2010 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Based on Prince of Persia® created by Jordan Mechner. Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, and Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands are trademarks of Jordan Mechner in the US and/or other countries used under license by Ubisoft Entertainment.
3 of 3 people (100%) found this review helpful
424 products in account
Very underrated game that was ignored by many due to DRM that has since been toned down. If you liked Sands of Time this is an extension of that, only with better combat, better PC controls and of course better visuals. The platforming and combat just feel smooth from start to finish, making it a joy to play and complete.
2 of 3 people (67%) found this review helpful
498 products in account
1.6 hrs on record
The always-on DRM had supposedly been removed and replaced with a one-time activation. That was apparently a blatant lie, because I managed to get the game to launch a single time and play for under two hours, and now it seems to be completely non-functional every time I try. This ♥♥♥♥ can go ♥♥♥♥ itself. It's mediocre compared to the other PoP games anyway.
2 of 3 people (67%) found this review helpful
1 of 2 people (50%) found this review helpful
105 products in account
25.4 hrs on record
One of the most beautiful and spectacular games I've ever played. An interactive fairy tale, a challenge for your fingers, a treat for your eyes, and a few thoughts for your mind as well. If you're tired of ugly, mean, violent and criminal games - this one will feel like a vacation. Fights are fun, not too difficult, as it is not the most important part of the gameplay. The character movements are realistic, voice acting is very good, the story is solid. As a fan of the original Prince Of Persia game from 1990, I was impressed by how close the gameplay follows the original concept.