A unique and award-winning combination of construction, economy, discovery, diplomacy, and combat. Create your own nation with a unique blend of simulation and real-time strategy as you journey across the globe to explore, trade, and learn technologies to expand your empire and to make your own history. Meet the Orient!
Release Date: Jun 23, 2009
Watch HD video
Buy Dawn of Discovery
Packages that include this game
Buy Dawn of Discovery - Venice
About the GameA unique and award-winning combination of construction, economy, discovery, diplomacy, and combat.
Create your own nation with a unique blend of simulation and real-time strategy as you journey across the globe to explore, trade, and learn technologies to expand your empire and to make your own history.
- Meet the Orient! Build your own settlement and get to know the culture and technologies of the Orient.
- Create huge metropolises! Build a unique seaside with the harbor system and shape the character of your new city with alleyways, city walls, and castles.
- Personalize the way you play! Configure the interface to fit your own personal needs. Create your own adventures in the Dawn of Discovery world with powerful tools and share them with the community.
- A strategy game for beginners and pros! An intuitive interface for beginners with many options for advanced players. A thrilling campaign that carries beginners into the world of Dawn of Discovery. A motivating sandbox mode that can be modified by players to any degree. Special titles, talents, medals, and other rewards that are collected in the captain's log.
- OS: Windows® XP (SP3), Windows Vista® (only)
- Processor: Pentium 4 3GHz or comparable (dual core recommended)
- Memory: 1 GB (3 GB recommended)
- Graphics: DirectX®9-compatible graphics adapter with 128 MB RAM (DirectX®10 with 512 MB recommended)
- DirectX®: DirectX®9/10
- Hard Drive: 6 GB free space
- Sound: DirectX®9-compatible
- Peripherals Supported: Windows-compliant mouse, keyboard, gamepad, headset
- ATI® Radeon® 9600–9800 / X300–850 / X1050–1950 / HD2400-2900 / HD3400–3870 / HD4300–4890
- NVIDIA GeForce® 6100–6800 / 7100–7950 / 8200–8800 / 9200–9800 / 120–140 / 250–295
- Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. For the most up-to-date minimum requirement listings, please visit the FAQ for this game on our support website at: http://support.ubi.com.
© 2009 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Ubisoft, Ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Dawn of Discovery, Sunflowers and Sunflowers logo are trademarks of Sunflowers GmbH in the U.S. and/or other countries. Sunflowers GmbH is a Ubisoft Entertainment company.
More like this
12 of 13 people (92%) found this review helpful
8 of 9 people (89%) found this review helpful
15.8 hrs on record
Dawn of Discovery has to be one of the greatest Trading/Building games out there. If you like Port Royale you should totally get this one. It can be a bit hard at the start, but once you get the hang of it. It will become addictive especially in Free Mod were you can approach your empire without the hassle of finishing a campaign chapter. The only downside is that it has no multiplayer. Dawn of Discovery : Venice does have it, but if your looking for the original look then get this one. 5/5 pyros
6 of 7 people (86%) found this review helpful
4.5 hrs on record
If you know the Anno series games, then you already know Dawn of Discovery -- it was released as Anno 1404 in Europe but (for some reason) renamed for the North American release. Like all the Anno games, it can be a little bit micro-managerial, but it's delightful nonetheless. A good sound track and lovely graphics are definite good points, and the trade system is one of the best around. If I had a complaint it would be that the computer players/NPCs natter at you constantly. That could really be toned down but it's easy to handle by adjusting sound settings, too. But it's completely possible to just get lost in this game and spend hours upon hours enjoying it.
7 of 10 people (70%) found this review helpful
2 of 39 people (5%) found this review helpful
55 of 57 people (96%) found this review helpful