This game has two storyline campaigns:
1. An improved version of Restaurant Empire 1 where you build French, Italian, and American resturants
2. The actual sequal to the first game's storyline where you build desert and coffee houses as well as French, American, German resturants
The scenarios were really easy to beat such as get X revenue/profit and/or Y customers in the allocated time. All you need to do is align your tables to maximize your servers' mobility and put a bunch of decorations everywhere to boost your restaurant's rating.
I've played a lot of tycoon games in my childhood and it's saddening to see this genre die. After playing this game, I can see why. The concepts are great but the execution is terrible.
Gameplay in a nutshell:
1. Pause game
2. Place tables and decorations in your restuarant
3. Hire staff
4. Add recipes to the menu
5. Save game
6. Fast forward time
My biggest complaint with this game is that whenever you get access to a higher quality ingredient supplier, you need to go into EACH recipe to change your supplier. Once you've done that, you have to adjust the price of that recipe in EACH resturant. If you don't do these, your food rating will suck and/or your profit margins will drop. I guess the developers wanted to allow more micromanagement but it's annoying when you just want to update all of your resturants.
Other things to consider:
- There's no 16:9 support
- The textures/models are outdated (this game was released in 2009)
- The auto save for the campaign doesn't work for me
- You have a finite number of chefs in the campaign so don't fire them!
Overall, I still think it's a decent tycoon game. If you're bored with the other popular tycoon games (SimCity, Game Dev Tycoon, Eve Online), give this game a shot if it's on sale.
Közzétéve: 2013. október 27.