Julkaistu 4. toukokuu.
A few years ago, when I had no gaming PC, I played this on the DS, Wii, and eventually on the Xbox 360. I've enjoyed them because of the unique features that they made for each platform, and I thought they would offer the best experience when they ported it to the PC if you have a good gaming setup. Well, they weren't wrong about that.
After playing it at my friend's house, I never expected it to have a lot of bugs, glitches, and crash issues.
I gave the game another shot when I saw it on sale, knowing I might experience the same thing. Thankfully, it's more playable than the last time I remembered it...of course with the help of a few tweaks.
So far, here are my impressions after fiddling with the it:
- Xbox 360 controller option works like a charm.
- Keyboard and Mouse controls are a bit clunky, but not that bad at all if bound properly.
- You can only adjust the video resolution. Textures and other details of the game are still fixed.
- Visuals are good despite of its aging engine (played this on my HDTV).
- Loading screens on the options..everywhere.
- Camera controls are bad, but bearable.
- Force gripping/throwing enemies can be very entertaining.
- Boba Fett has a certain bug that makes him invulnerable unless you send him flying with force lightning.
- Seeing Ben Kenobi soaring and sliding across the screen after doing force combos is hilarious.
- Wampas are fragile creatures.
- Still full of bugs and glitches. Sometimes cool, most of the time funny.
- Applying the 60fps fix gave me a better experience while learning the lulz of the Force.
- I was able to fix my in-game crash issues by turning the cloth physics on and disabling the high details. Additional shadow and texture details were sacrificed in exchange of stability.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is an old game, and had quite a number of issues on the PC version. But as for me, it's not that bad if you apply the fixes and needed adjustments. It's still a great game and I've personally enjoyed every moment I had with it.
If you already have Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (including the DLC's) on your PS3 or Xbox 360, feel free to skip this one. As for the fans who bought this game just like me, or who wish to get it while it's on sale, be sure to check the steam community forums. There you will find some guides and links for the fixes you'll need, including the missing sounds and the 60fps unlock.
And if you're playing The Force Unleashed for the first time, you won't be disappointed. It has a well-polished storyline that any Star Wars fan would appreciate. Character customization is also a huge addition in this game. And last but not the least, the mix of lightsaber hack n' slash with the Force is fun as hell.