I've just played the demo and I think this game has potential.
• The story portion of the game currently is extremely weak and could use greater clarification, detailing and enhancing.
• The graphics are mediocre, I get the feel of Source Engine as I walk around, speaking of walking, it’s annoying there isn’t a toggle to run/walk, I found myself holding shift down the entire time.
• The Sound is great! Really good job on setting the tone.
• Playability, I found very quickly my mind had changed the games goal of Find a clue to "Key Hunter!" You find yourself randomly going to rooms to see if they're locked or not, and if not, to check for a key to open another locked door, to check for a key to open another locked door, to check for a key to unlock another locked... you get the picture.
As you explore the rooms there isn’t a lot to do, there is nothing to interact with other than lighting candles or flicking a light switch. This to me made the fictional history of the building very 2D, thin and made the building lack character. I didn’t feel like I was learning anything as i progressed, I didn’t feel like the buildings history was collectively building. Some times as you leave a room, or enter an adjoining room you hear something move in the other room, when going back to can encounter paranormal activity such as stacked books / furniture. This was kind of neat, but can be easily missed.
• How to die, I found my character getting scared looking out a window, I think I saw a bird hit the glass once, and then something moving in the grass, ether way nothing touched me, yet my health was going down. I was confused as to what was going on until I decided to step away.
• Conclusion. I think this game has a cool concept that currently is under developed. I'd like to see the building more interactive and alive. I'd like a stronger back story and a stronger story line to follow, I'd like to learn or know who the enemy is and why they are tormented and finally I'd like to see the graphics taken up a notch because this is no better than Garry's Mod.