Setting aside the fact that its early access and cheap, it's a shell of a game punctuated here and there with some decent ideas heavily diluted by what I would term "brainfarts". The game is devoid of general polish, narrative, character or even good honest raw charm.
- Boxy/VERY small gameworld. I've seen larger tutorial levels in many games
- Generic butcher/baker/candlestickmaker characters. There are a mere 10 NPCs in the entire game
- Light on game assets, music looped over and over, no speech, light on gameworld and environment SFX/atmosphere etc
- Repetitive gameplay generally involving fetching items over and over and over to gain favour with characters and procure other items which then allow you to gain favour with other characters over the space of what is a 4 screen gameworld
- There's an abruptness to some of the game mechanics and transitions. Dieing for the first time was one of those what just happened moments as I kicked a bunch of kids and was insta-killed with accompanying black screen and a few lines of text
- Ropey animation and effects here and there, transformation from skeleton to human is the obvious one but I also experienced glitching with the main character becoming transparent at one point
- The "humour" and dialogue generally, please refer to UNepic for an example of well done humour/dialogue. Cringeworthy would be my appraisal of KEL
- Limited narrative & story
I can't recommend this product. Indie games are a dime a dozen nowadays, good indie games, the ones which people will actually remember don't cost much more than this. There are many F2P games which are significantly better (Ascend HoK springs to mind). To put this into context I bought Don't Starve for a mere £1 more than this game costs on Steam (in a sale admittedly but I digress), Legend of Grimrock has repeatedly been on sale cheaper than this, likewise UNepic an Early Access game which has just came out of that process - the list is endless, certainly in my steam library.
To summarize this is a short, painfully repetitive game with 10 NPCs, an environment that can be traversed in less than 2 minutes and "arrow to the knee" belly laughs.