STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
Hi guys- update today on the Dev branch! I fixed some bugs that have been annoying people - Bots pushing you out of chairs, too many Bots being created before the player knows what's happening, etc. Fixed a bunch of other bugs and also added a VSync option.
Finally, you can now try out the basic procedural interior tests! They are just empty, weirdly shaped rooms right now, and this is JUST FOR TESTING! I don't recommend even saving your game after using the procedural interiors because they won't save properly!
This is just a proof of concept at the moment - the rooms aren't meant to look nice or "mean" anything right now.
Try it out in the ship editor!
It’s here! The update to Rodina that adds a Targeting system, so you can properly gauge how far away planets, ships, and terrain locations are! To target an entity, hover the reticle over it and press T (or X on the Gamepad).
This update also contains an Altimeter. Probably one of the most highly-requested features in the game. Rodina – now with much less smashing into mountains!
Next I’m working on a major feature: procedural interiors. This will allow me to create randomized interior spaces to play in. I’m not totally certain in what capacity these will be used at first, but in next year this will be the feature that allows me to generate Xeno bases.
After procedural interiors, the goal is to get basic combat with Xeno NPCs in by the end of the year!
**** RODINA 1.2.1 ****
* New Feature: Targeting - press T to target planets, ships or terrain. Missiles lock on to targeted entity. Can see if you have visited targeted asteroid
* NEw Feature: Altimeter
* New Feature: Reticle - tells player whether they can target or activate what they are looking at
* New Feature: Colorblind Mode - replaces colored planet UI indicators with letters.
* Improvement: Allow mods to reference classes defined outside of mod, so that we can allow "surgical" modding
* Improvement: "Relax CPU Usage" option to massively reduce CPU load at tiny cost to performance
* Improvement: Add "Return to Main Menu" button in pause menu
* Improvement: New skybox script functions (System.SetSkybox() and System.SetSkyboxGenerator()) also allow simple RGB skyboxes
* Improvement: Fix parenting of planets + allow more stars, so Modders can add in more star systems
* Improvement: In editing menu, list the interiors from the Mod folders
* Improvement: ResetActors() console function
* Improvement: Added warning message to freeform help buttons
* Improvement: Simplified the Camera Entity and gave it the functionality of the camera it owns. No more separate camera / camera entity in scripts
* Improvement: Fix actor physics blending (removes stuttering while walking)
* Improvement: Disallow mods in demo mode
* Improvement: Warn player that freeform / peaceful modes don't have a tutorial
* Improvement: Extra tutorial stuff to make switching weapons, screenshot mode less confusing
* Improvement: Convert debris + signs to PNGs w/ black outline for better visibility
* Improvement: Always allow players to Limnal out of star amospheres
* Crashfix: Don't delete player ship when it's far away and dead
* Crashfix: Fixed memory corruption when actors (and possibly other objects) are removed from scenegraph
* Bugfix: Fix problem where ship gains speed exponentially and ends up a trillion km outside the solar system
* Bugfix: Fix animated physics objects (ship walkway) from breaking with high FPS
* Bugfix: fix physics meshes to work with multi-part objects
* Bugfix: Perform planet quadtree visualization tests even when camera is not parented to the planet
* Bugfix: Simplified and fixed the functions that show and constrain the cursor
* Bugfix: Prevent robots from erroneously using / replenishing the player's jetpack supply
* Bugfix: Fix bug with file versions so that we don't think a file is a backup just cause someone added .1 to it
RODINA® is a registered trademark of Elliptic Games LLC. All content copyright Elliptic Games.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.