Since the developer and his fanboy didn't like my review, I spent a little more time with this game to satisfy them.
After spending 80 minutes with this game (damn, what a waste of time that was), I decided to change some stuff in my review. To make it easy to understand for everyone, I decided to make a pro/con list.
Positive aspects of this game:
- The music (I really liked it, even if it was the only thing about this game!)
Negative aspects of this game:
- NPCs run through walls (they really did...in the first town, the second NPC you see....starts run to north...if you follow him, you will see, that he runs through the wall next to the door)
- Enemies on battle screen are not the same as on world screen.
- Really boring story (at the beginning, no real intro, no innovation...just plain: Hey, let's tell a online-game story in an RPG...most ideas are stolen from other games and/or animes)
- Tutorials are hidden in form of mails on the ground.
- Boring graphics (Houses just look like crap, characters are looking nearly the same except skin colour, I have played SNES games, that looked thousand times better than this one.)
- Fighting menu (many chooseable types of attacks with no content, if it is not available, then cut it out, until it is available - really annoying)
- Tons of grammar and spelling mistakes .... (The intro picture says, that the title is Data Hacker: Initation <--- that word doesn't exist - commas are missing totally and this from people, who actually come from UK)
- I am sure there was more stuff, that was crappy about this game, but wasting more time with this review is not really necessary, I think!
BTW. @NewRealityGames: Talking about expensive pixel artists, after earning over 1000% more money, then planned through kickstarter, is just an ugly move! And criticising me for giving your game a bad review is just embarrassing. Even after spending 70 more minutes with your game, I still think, that it is still not worth the money. It's boring, not really creative and contains not enough self made content to be worth a buck! You don't like that review? I don't care, because it is not for you. Instead it is for the people, who think about spending their hard earned money for this altogether pasted piece of software!
Thought about playing this game, while watching a nice movie on the desktop.
But I couldn't! Why, you ask?
Because this game forces to center on the desktop, while in windowed mode.
Another thing, I didn't liked, are the animations. You see clearly a chicken running at you, but instead of a chicken you get another bird as an enemy. Weren't there enough sprites in your RPG Maker or have you just been too lazy to make your own?
I can't and won't support this game in any way. There are dozens of really good free games made in RPG Maker. This is not one of them. No, the maker even wants 5 € for this game.
And the worst part about that is, that the people in europe got to pay even 12% more for this game.