A simple puzzle game where you are given the letters to fit into a grid, then you slot them in to make words.
- Easy to understand.
- Hundreds of puzzles.
- Difficulty levels.
- Some general polish issues, such as low quality text displaying, text appearing behind objects and icons being slightly misaligned.
- No way to see or replay a puzzle.
- Every puzzle in the game is the same size, despite the choice of difficulty. The difficulty only affects how many spaces are filled and how obscure the words are. Consequently you never get a word that is longer than six letters, even on the highest difficulty.
- The stats screen shows your fastest completion time, but presumably for everyone this is just one of the very easy tutorial puzzles, so this stat seems useless.
- The rating system is somewhat confusing. I'm rated as "Competent" on hard, despite completing zero hard puzzles.
- Doesn't appear to be a quick way to swap letters.
- No in-game way to reset all progress. This means no way to improve times and no way to let someone else play the game.
- Nothing extra in the game: No random mode. No daily challenge. No puzzle editor. No hint system.
- The clock at the top of the screen is constantly ticking, which stops the game being relaxing. The time has no effect on the game, other than the statistics screen.
- Limited amount of window-size options. No full screen.
- Definitions of the words would have been nice.
- One of the screenshots for the game shows the time saying "1:45 vs 1:45", but I don't see any functionality that allows this to happen.
- The interface has a lot going on: shadows, 3d, lots of unnecessary lines, gradients, highlights. Nothing inherently wrong with this, but after playing aesthetically pleasing games like Hexcells and LYNE, this looks very busy.
- By the nature of the game, this would be extremely difficult for someone that was unsure about the English language.
Overall I like the puzzle concept and I hope the game gets a big improvement update or a sequel.