Application is currently being tested... I will update this review as the application is being developed.
REVIEW UPDATED FOR: 1.5.1
This review was slightly modified after speaking with the developer. It has been modified to showcase the support and the desire to make the application better which in my eyes is very admirable. However, my review will remain accurate in the applications usage.
If you are the type of person that values legitimate reviews I would strongly suggest reading my review. I also recommend that you be careful of other "reviews" as some of them just tell you what the developer tells you. My review is based on usage only and I will not regurgitate what you see on the store or home page(s).
I purchased this for usage with Game Maker Studio (Master Collection). If you to are a developer that wants to use this with Game Maker as well, I recommend you to read this.
*** PROS ***
- Simple to use, not many options.
- Very quick and easy way to make tileable, seamless tilesets
- Outstanding support from the developer. Being a single one man team, he was very quick to reply to my review. Not only that, he is more than willing to work with the community to make this application better. Furthermore, I'm glad I made the original review to not recommend this as I believe it has made a difference in it's development. Not only for me to use personally, but to increase the value for other users purchasing it as well.
*** CONS ***
- No proper "save as" feature, looks like it just overwrites the previous tileset you made previously. I will requesting a proper save as feature as it is somewhat of a standard feature of any application.
- Tileset that is exported is NOT GAME MAKER FRIENDLY as it doesn't create the tile cushion that is required for GM tilesets. This becomes an issue while changing screen resolutions and creating ports of your game (black boarders around your tiles in-game).
- Price is to high, I would not recommend paying more than $9.99-$14.99 for this.
- Tileset export is still somewhat mashed together, not sure what parts go where. This will be better explained in the documentation soon according to the developer.
- There's is suppose to be some sort of AutoTileSet Plugin or something of that nature for Game Maker but I can't seem to find it if it exists. I will ask the developer about this.
Although there are short comings that still remain in this aplication as of version 1.5.1, I can now recommend it. Mainly due to the fact that version 1.5 was the launch version and the developer quickly (in a single day) fixed about 50% of the problems that was in my original review.
Great job on the update. I can't wait for future updates