Indsendt: 6. marts
I'm going to start off by saying that I really wanted to like this game. I read through all the reviews before making my purchase and even though there were negative ones, I decided I'd find out for myself exactly how horrible this game really is. Well, I've come to realize that it's not horrible, but it's not great either. It's just okay.
I have always loved zoo builders and for some reason there's a serious shortage of them out there, so Zoo Tycoon 1 and 2 is pretty much up against Wildlife Park 1, 2, and 3. I have played both the Zoo Tycoon games avidly and I hold it very dear to my heart, despite its discontinuation.
1) I love the amount of animals, but also the amount of out-of-the-box type of animals that came with the DLCs. I liked the farm animals, the domestic animals, and the animals that are kind of used as "decoration" (Ducks, Butterflies, etc).
2) The graphics are nice.
3) I liked the animations of the people and animals.
4) Unique buildings that are animal themed like horse stables.
1) Graphics are buggy. When I started my game up, I instantly saw black squares in place of some plants. It went away when I zoomed in.
2) The camera. I always feel like I'm TOO zoomed in.
3) Placing water was crazy ridiculous. You need to dig into the ground then place a water pump and the water keeps filling to whatever level the pump was placed on. It's just too complicated and to be honest, quite annoying.
4) You can't build on a grid like other zoo games so your zoo ends up looking messy.
5) NO BIOMES. Nothing is organized into biomes so you have maybe 1 tree for your Savannah exhibits. The animals like land based on "Hardness" which is just.. weird.
6) Like I said, the menus are unorganized. You have to hunt for the things your animals want through each menu and if you forget you have to navigate all the way back to the animal (yep, re-scroll and everything) to read their requirements again. The animals aren't even organized. Nothing is organized.
7) No themed decorations. You get maybe 2 flowerbeds and 2 statues. So difficult to theme anything.
8) The weather. It might sound cool at first, having weather, but when it starts raining or snowing, suddenly EVERYONE and EVERYTHING is sad because they "Don't like the weather".
9) Every time you want to place staff, you have to place a bulky and unattractive building.
10) Buildings are nice looking, but seriously limited. Decorations are the same way (as stated above). For example, there are no restaurants. Want to feed your guests? Okay.. do they want to eat french fries and soda? Because those are some of your main options.
I want to add that Wildlife Park 3 is a much better game but I was attracted to the DLC packs for Wildlife Park 2. I'll wait until they make DLC for Wildlife Park 3 and continue to support this developer even though I was disappointed in this game. I love zoo builders THAT much and I think they're doing better and improving. I will still play my zoo on Wildlife Park 2, even though the bad things I listed get seriously aggravating.