Got this game freeStill couldn't imagine paying actual money for it
- The music! As simple as it is, I actually really like it!
- The enemy a.i. actually strafes, rather than walking straight towards you.
- As basic as the art style is, I think it's actually really visually appealing!
- Nice ambiant sound, like the waterfalls, and traipsing through water!
- The crosshair effect when mousing over an enemy is nice!
- Slow motion on levelling up is cool! Although, maybe a little unecessary.
And then, the bad
- Jumping. Um, what? When you jump down to another platform, who knows what will happen. Sometimes a gust of wind will come from nowhere and blow you at 100mph across to the other side of the map (and make you fall off), sometimes you can double jump, sometimes you are hurled back. Really quite frustrating.
- Holes in the floor. Yes, they make the game that little bit harder. But sometimes it's overkill, given that every few steps you have to jump over one. And given there are always at least 2-3 enemies agro'd on you at once, it's kind of hard to shoot, and focus on jumping.
- Lack of detail - Every level really feels like it took 10 seconds to design. A patch of ground here, a tree here, some enemies here... And done.
- The music randomly stops? Really annoying, because I actually like the music.
- Wait 5 seconds for spawn? Why does the game insist you float in the air for a good 5 seconds for no apparent reason, before you're allowed to start the level? (side note, if you press pause, you still fall down).
- Blocks get in the way. When you shoot a monster (or some trees), they explode with blocks. Usually I have to wait for them to despawn, because instead of being able to kick them out the way, they act as impassable walls that have a mind of their own.
- Lack of level structure. First level, I was able to complete on the first try. Second level took 20 minutes. Trial and error, random deaths, unfair and yet unexpected wind mechanics. Spam of enemies. Oh yeah, and that's another thing.
- Spam of enemies. If you have more than 3 enemies chasing you, it's basically game over. Given that the maps are tiny and covered in holes, it's virtually impossible to fend off more than three monsters at once. Especially when your only weapon is a baseball bat. This also hammers in the thought that maybe each level had barely any thought put into it, given that the levels consist of a tunnel with literally a line of enemies. My only solution appears to be to edge closer until I agro the nearest one, and spam the swing button until it's dead. Then repeat.
- Cannot respawn. This just annoys me slightly. Instead of respawning you in the level, it takes you all the way back to the menu. I also have to watch a 10 second death animation, which isn't particularly interesting or relevant to how I died. And it's even more annoying given how easy it is to die!
- Lens flare? If you look near the sun, there's a really fancy lens flare. However if you look directly at the sun, it disappears.
- Not satisfying to kill enemies. Like at all. You just get lost in a barrage of square particles, and apparently shock waves. No +XP particles or cool death animation, just a spam of invisible wall blocks, and squares.
- Finally, unlimited ammo. Like literally, there is no penalty for spraying bullets everywhere. Surely a cooldown for heat, or maybe enemies dropping ammo would be nicer!?
In my opinion, this game really feels like it took less than a week to create. The level design is sloppily barren, whilst the overall detail is severely lacking. Gameplay is simply not rewarding enough to want to continue playing, so I'll put this on the pile of games I'll never touch again!Recommended value: Cereal box coupon