Heileen episode 1 is not a too bad of an Novel, the drawing/animating is clunky and there are barely backgroundsounds that is, but the dialogue story is actually quite interesting and makes you wish to play the other 2 games (which are said to be way better than the 1st one)
You play Heileen, she lives with her uncle as her parents die, she gets forced to sail to america with him, she doesnt want to at first, her vegetarian childhoodfriend comes with her, theres a sailor shes interested in, she doesn't like her uncles matresse, but can get a somewhat love relationship with her.
Basically thats it. All things happen on the travel route to America.
- Not only hetero "love" relationships (Women x Women 2, Male x Woman 1, although they are not realy that of romantic)
- Many choices
- quite nice backgrounds
- 3 Routes that alter the ending a bit
- "Quest" system, whichis kinda nice i gues
- Playtime/€ (~1h per route = 3hours)
- barely any backgroundmusic (mostly only in the beginning of a new chapter, not repeating over the game)
- Realy cluncky character design, they do not look 100% ugly, but are not pretty either
- Most choices dont do anything
- Not realy 100% all ages, as there are sexual jokes (smaller kids might not notice though) as well as barely dresses scenes (with this cluncy style not too bad) and some torn clothes ones in the end. Might be okay for 12/13/14+ or so, parents have to think it themselves.
All in all i can say: Not the worst i have read and i will try the other 2 titles later on when i have the time (owning them anyway already)