Of Guards and Thieves:
TL;DR This game is one of the best time wasting action based "I want to play something fun and skip the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ and get right to the action" point+click shooter games I have in my library. It's a stealth/strategy/top-down shooter and it's loads of fun.
Of Guards and Thieves basic rules:
- When joining a server and when any game ends and returns to the server, immediately begin spamming "start" or "go" so the Admin knows they're permitted to begin the game. You are more important than them, after all.
- Always end every game with "gg" regardless of how you thought the game went.
- If you are a Guard, hide in bushes whenever you can, it doesn't irritate other players at all.
- If you are a Thief, hide behind doors with the Cobra class whenever you can, it doesn't irritate other players at all.
- Juggernaut and Guardian classes are your best friends, they aren't OP and are the most fairly balanced classes in game.
- Small, mostly tight-knit community. There are multiple familiar names I see in-game that gives the game a sense of community. Always fun to play with people you enjoy playing with.
- Good strategy game with a "jump feet first into the action" mentality, if that's your playstyle.
- Can be played either casually or with intent to scar other players for life.
- No huge advantage to purchasing the full game. (YES, you have more classes/gamemodes but the game is entirely playable with the demo version, and the classes (aside from Juggernaut and Medic) really don't provide much of an advantage. ~70% of players don't have the full version.
- Enough variety in gamemodes to experience a wide range of fun.
- Small, tight knit community. Sometimes there are barely enough players to get more than one or two good full servers running.
- Some gamemodes (Zombie Rush, Demolition especially) are near impossible without some basic teamwork. Having idiots on your team can ruin a game, but each game is 5min so not for long.
- Some gamemodes are kind of gimmicky and not very fun for all gamers. (Soccer/Faceless come to mind)
- Early Access, I never have had the game crash but occasionally if someone joins a server as the game is starting the server can crash. Not too often does this happen though.
10/10 would hide in a bush behind a door again