Note: This Early Access game may or may not change significantly over the course of development. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you may want to wait until the game progresses further in development. Learn more
This patch addresses some of the issues you were reporting on the forums. The main complains were performance issues which this patch hopefully addresses properly. Next week most of us are on a vacation until Friday to recharge our batteries, after that we will continue working on the upcoming Armor & UI patch.
Patch Notes :
- Improved FPS in high-density structure areas.
- Added 60 FPS limit so the game consumes less resources on high-end machines.
- Fixed a bug in the bird flock.
- Increased shotgun damage by 65%.
- Decreased shotgun spread slightly.
- Fixed a bug where the shotgun consumed too much ammo.
- Fixed CNCTable Range check, you no longer need to crouch.
- Improved/Fixed Hit-Detection on some NPCs.
- Fixed Blood Effects on Dinosaurs.
The old world as you know it is gone. We are happy to present you a new exciting game-world full of new content. The last weeks we have been working very hard on the game and together with you we believe we have taken the game to the next level. The dinosaurs have been significantly upgraded, new game-play has arrived and a new skill-system has been added to the game. As usual please provide feedback and bugs found on the forums. During the next days we will release a few more smaller patches based on your feedback. Several bugs and game-exploits have been fixed as well - if you come across any please do not hesitate to contact us!
- Core Engine has been updated to the latest unity version.
- You no longer get disconnected when tabbing out of full-screen.
- The game continues to run when tabbing out of full-screen.
- You can now choose the monitor you like to run the game on.
- Several bugs in the GUI have been fixed.
- Fixed a dupe exploit. (Thanks for reporting!)
- Fixed a bug causing ammo to vanish or even being unlimited.
- The GUI received some more polishing, fonts have been adjusted to improve look and feel.
- The dinosaur AI has been significantly improved allowing dinosaurs now to perform group behaviours.
- The dinosaur AI is now aware of structures and trees.
- The dinosaurs now spawn near their nests.
- Nests have a chance to spawn an egg of the breed.
- Experience and Skill System has been added to the game.
- Menu Button for skills has been added.
- You now gain XP based on what you are doing in the game. The XP gained can be spend on perks through the skill-system.
- 3 XP trees and 24 perks have been added to the game.
- New game-play allowing you to steal the egg of dinosaurs. Eat it for XP or bring it home to breed it.
- The game-world has been redesigned giving you a completely new world to discover.
- The game-world received several new visuals.
- Snow areas/mountains have been added to the game.
- 3 New Start-Up Settings: Awesome for High-End GPUs, Balanced and Fast (for Low-End GPUs)
- More grass/foliage has been added to the game.
- Terrain textures received graphical improvements.
- The game-world now has areas of trees and forests/jungles instead of trees just everywhere.
- The water is now using reflections making it and the area around it look nicer.
- A game-option has been added to use the old water (for older computers to improve performance).
- The GPU Booster has been improved to give you a slightly better FPS. (Still experimental!).
- The underwater effects have been revamped and improved. Underwater actually looks nice now!
- The Velociraptor received a new model including new textures and animations. Motions now come from the animations. Sounds revamped.
- The Triceratops received a new model including new textures and animations. Motions now come from the animations. Sounds revamped.
- The T-Rex received a new model including new textures and animations. Motions now come from the animations. Sounds revamped.
- The Parasaurolophus received a new model including new textures and animations. Motions now come from the animations. Sounds revamped.
- The Brachiosaurus received a new model including new textures and animations. Motions now come from the animations. Sounds revamped.
- The Dilophosaurus has been added to the game.
- Dinosaur loot table has been changed/updated.
- You can now construct a cage to breed dinosaurs.
- Several dinosaur eggs have been added to the game.
- Turret reaction range has been increased slightly.
- Turret attack range has been doubled.
- Turret damage has been increased.
- Mining drill stone output has been doubled.
- Mining drill chance to produce ore has been increased.
- Bird flying behaviour has been adjusted.
- Dinosaur Babies have been added to the game. Deliver the egg to a cage you built and you get a dinosaur baby.
- Added memory management for low-end PCs.
- Adjusted visuals slightly.
- Adjusted night-cycle to be shorter.
- Added more light during daytime.
- Skill XP requirements have been doubled. (Was too easy to max it out)
- Dinosaurs no longer circle.
- Adjusted dinosaur AI settings, they are a bit faster now.
- Fixed 2 exploits. Thanks for reporting!
Here are the patchnotes of todays patch :
We have taken all the upgrades from the last game-world and put it into a slightly smaller but more interesting game-world. The game-world now looks even more natural thanks to some advanced techniques applied to our terrain generator. The bigger dinosaurs will now be more rare, we have increased the amount of dinosaurs, made them roam and patrol more & improved their behaviour. The XP System has been revised and the requirements for skills have been increased. Building is now quite differently, you create platforms and build on them (a bit more Minecraft Style but we like it and we hope you do to!)
- Added new Game World representing the final game-world for Beasts of Prey. This allows us to extend the game-world at any time by adding more islands. (You might need to build ships at some point)
- Fixed several bugs.
- Optimized memory management.
- Added Game Options in the main screen to adjust graphics.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash on MAC.
- Fixed a bug that caused inventory to get out of sync.
- Fixed an exploit.
- Fixed a bug preventing you from getting proper crafting XP.
- Balanced XP System.
- Extended XP System with more Crafting Skills.
- Dinosaur spawns have been improved.
- Dinosaur AI behaviour has been improved.
- Dinosaur Egg no longer rolls out of the nest.
- Dinosaur spawn in larger packs and in a wider area.
- The total amount of flags a player can place (in a single area) is now based on their skill.
- Flags now come with a foundation that are required as a starting point for foundations. (You can only attach the new foundations to it)
- Cage received a new model.
- Concrete Structures have been removed from the game.
- Stone Walls and Foundations are indestructible.
- Added Foundation (Stone) & Stone Walls to the game.
- Wooden Doors, Walls & Foundations now require 12 Wood instead of 8.
- Wooden Doors, Walls & Foundations no longer take melee damage unless they are yours.
- Crafting table can be placed everywhere but no longer provides collision.
- Player Physics were changed so you no longer can block each other or jump on top of each other.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.