Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
HOLIDAY SALE! Offer ends January 2
HOLIDAY SALE! Offer ends January 2
we ported the game to Unity 5 and with that change we optimized the visuals a lot. Initially the update got delayed last week but we really hope that most of you will agree that the wait really paid off. Visuals aside there have been a bunch of bug-fixes and game-changes. Quite a few issues with the AI have been solved and improved and based on your feedback during the beta phase we already released patch 18.1!
The camera FoV has been adjusted to be a bit bigger, the flag system has been revised as it requires some maintenance now. The folks at Unity have done an amazing job with the new engine and we are happy improve the game even further within the next weeks - utilizing all features of the new engine like SpeedTree and the new UI System.
Please take your time on our forums to give us some feedback on this patch and the latest changes. As usual based on your feedback we will decide what's coming next to Beasts of Prey. And again, a big thank you to everyone who has been supporting and trusting us.
We don't have naked girls for you but you should get in-game and check out the new, gorgeous and amazingly beautiful graphics of the new Beasts of Prey client!
- Servers have been reset. Everyone starts from scratch!
- New stunning intro-scene showing you the new GFX of Beasts of Prey!
- RAM usage has been optimized. The game has been optimized to use only 1.3 GB RAM now (from previous 2.5 GB)
- The server now stores it's data on SQLite instead of raw binary data files.
- Client has been ported to Unity 5.
- Server has been ported to Unity 5.
- The old game-world has been replaced with a new more detailed island.
- Several code changes have been made to support the new engine.
- AI received a new pathing upgrade.
- Viewrange adjusted to 2000m.
- Light effects have been adjusted.
- Fog has been adjusted.
- Several post-effects have been adjusted/added.
- Switched terrain shaders.
- Sky brightness and coloring has been adjusted.
- Detail on trees, ground and water has been increased.
- Texture colors have been adjusted.
- Added new trees and foliage to the game.
- Optimized performance yet again to give you some extra FPS.
- Several objects are now using the new Unity5 PBR materials.
- Dinosaur and Cannibal spawns are now static and around those static stones - no more easy farming, get weapons and fight for your resources!
- A flying exploit involving the tower has been fixed. (thanks for reporting!)
- Player FoV has been increased.
- Rockets, Turrets and Lockpicks Blueprints can no longer be crafted on PvE Servers.
- Flags now have a life-time/maintenance of 2 hour which can be extended by adding woodplanks or woodlogs to its inventory. Consumes 1 wood from its inventory every 2 hours. The inventory of flags can be lock-picked.
- You can no longer place structures into positions that are already occupied by other structures (double placing)
- Foundations received new PBR textures.
- Several bugs you reported from the previous beta branch have been fixed. Thanks for all that testing!
- Increased light during night very slightly.
- The moon light has been increased slightly.
- Bed now only needs 3 iron as it's hard to get iron.
- Fixed NPC Spawning.
- Improved performance on medium and fast settings.
- Fixed a missing tree collider.
- Fixed a tree collider that was slightly too large.
- Fixed loot-drops on PvP Server.
- Fixed 3rd person camera visuals.
This is by far one of the biggest updates Beasts of Prey has received. So please read these changes carefully! Pretty much everything changed - a lot of new game mechanics, items and content have been added to the game. Raiding and PvP received a lot of love by adding ladders and rebalancing weapons, we also added new PvE Content, new crafting recipes, variations of armour, new animations, balanced some mechanics, lock-picking mini-game has been added, gathering of ore has been adjusted, 3rd person view has been added. It's extremely important for us to get your feedback on these changes so after checking out the update ingame please spend some time on the forums with us!
- Fixed mining drill placement.
- Fixed a bug that was drawing characters before structures (Sniper Exploit).
- Fixed, added and replaced several animations on the character model.
- Added plastic granulate to the game. Can be gained by adding sulphur + oil to the refinery.
- Added plastic sheets to the game. Simply place plastic granulate in the CNC Table table to produce them.
- Added craftable simple shoes to the game.
- Added craftable simple shirt to the game.
- Added craftable simple pants to the game.
- Added craftable tactical helmet to the game.
- Added craftable tactical short to the game.
- Added craftable tactical pants to the game.
- Added craftable tactical shoes to the game.
- Added craftable T-Rex/Dino Hat to the game.
- Added craftable T-Rex/Dino Vest to the game.
- Added craftable jeans to the game.
- Added craftable Hunter Jacket to the game.
- Added craftable Hunter Shirt to the game.
- Added craftable synthetic fibres to the game.
- Added craftable lockpicks to the game.
- Added craftable lockpick shiv to the game.
- Added craftable pickaxe to the game.
- Added craftable structure removal tool (Fire).
- Removed metal axe from the game.
- Extended inventory with extra slots for armor.
- Extended inventory with preview section for armor.
- You can now craft wooden ladders which will despawn automatically after 2 minutes.
- Ladders have very low hitpoint and can be destroyed by melee, ranged and explosive weapons.
- You can now lockpick chests & doors if you have the necessary tools.
- T-Rex now has the chance to drop the T-Rex teeth as loot which is required for some special armor parts.
- Loot Tables on dinosaurs have been increased slightly to drop more skin/leather.
- VoIP Volume has been increased.
- "Nay"-Sayers are roaming through the game-world. Don't loose your faith - kill on sight for some nice loot!
- Added no-build zones around static rocks.
- You can no longer use the stone-axe to mine ore.
- You now need the pickaxe to mine ore from static spawns.
- Gathering ore from static spawns takes slightly longer now.
- You can now put your structures on fire in order to remove them. (2 minutes timer)
- Turrets are now automatically activated after placing them/server reboots.
- Mining Drill had it's collisions fixed.
- Mining Drill now can be destroyed by rockets.
- Scar Rifle has been boosted (Burst fire, more damage, faster rate of fire).
- WZ96 has been nerfed (higher rate of fire, more recoil, smaller clip).
- Added 3rd Person Mode (Press 'Q' to toggle between modes)
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.