Note: This Early Access game may or may not change significantly over the course of development. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you may want to wait until the game progresses further in development. Learn more
In this patch Beasts of Prey receives a fully reworked AI for the dinosaurs and some additional game-mechanics for PvP. The AI has been upgraded to make the game-world more immerse and fun, Dinosaurs started to hunt in packs, roam through the game-world and no longer run into each other or run through your walls.
Additionally to these upgrades the flag system has been changed to a capture & hold system. You can now capture land by capturing other players land. When you capture a flag all buildings in it's area will be yours. Doors, Gates, Tents and Turrets will be yours, personal items like the metal safe & beds will not change ownership but can be destroyed or picked up (just like before). You can now also destroy foundations with flags again - so in the end it's your choice to either conquer an outpost or destroying it!
- Improved overall performance yet again.
- Reworked AI to be aware of structures & buildings.
- Reworked AI to be aware of other NPCs.
- Added new pathing to AI.
- The island slightly changed, some terrain has been altered to improve the overall quality of the game-world.
- Added some additional textures to the game-world.
- Added parallax effects on terrain shader.
- Added more roaming birds.
- Adjusted total amount of trees to slightly improve performance and game-world design.
- RADAR now shows different icons for friendly and hostile players.
- RADAR now shows dinosaurs.
- RADAR now shows resources on the map.
- RADAR now shows flags on the map.
- Flags can now be captured. All structures in it's area will change ownership with the exception of the metal safe.
- Based on your skills you can only build a maximum of 5 flags in an area, however you can have more than 5 flags by capturing other players outposts.
- Skills Expert Builder 1 and Expert Builder 2 are now working as intended.
- Eggs are more rare.
- Dinosaurs will remain much longer in the game-world. Even after you stole the egg.
- The Spinosaurus has been (re-)added to the game.
- Fixed loot-drops on dinosaurs. After killing the inventory should open once you are close to its head.
During the last 3 days we released a bunch of smaller patches to solve the issues players were reporting. Someone hinted out that not everyone reads the forums so here are the patch-notes of the last 5 mini-patches we released :
- Fixed a bug where sometimes structures were not loaded completely under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a crash issue.
- Fixed invisible players bug.
- Fixed typo in login scene.
- Fixed FPS Counter (use F8 to see current FPS).
- Fixed cage issue with disappearing dinosaurs.
- Improved network-caching to load objects faster so structures will no longer spawn on top of you in crowded areas.
- Improved FPS performance.
- Improved network-performance.
- Some items had their visual reduced slightly. (Walls/Foundations received a simpler shader to improve performance for example)
- Fixed broken foundations/walls & doors.
With performance being fixed we'll now focus on the dinosaurs AI again. Throughout the next days more smaller patches will be released based on your feedback. Please always report your issues to the forums.
We'll hope with these fixes the game is more enjoyable for everyone. Have a nice weekend!
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.