Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
This is one of the biggest updates Beasts of Prey has received. The AI and the path-finding of the AI have been completely rewritten from scratch. Dinosaurs are now aware of walls and platforms and are able to enter your base. They will hunt and fight each other based on their breed, group-up & roam through the island.
You will no longer be safe anywhere on the map as dinosaurs now are able to wander around and reach every location on the map. The game-world has turned into a huge wild-life simulation, the official servers now are populated with a minimum of 500 dinosaurs at all times. In addition to these changes the game-client has been heavily optimized to increase your FPS. Several bugs and annoyances have been fixed which have been reported by our community. Loot-tables have been revised to make hunting dinosaurs and cannibals worthwhile. Health no longer recovers automatically, you either have to eat something or craft bandages to recover your health.
One important change that has always been requested was combat-logging. Now all characters will remain in the game-world for 20 seconds when you log-off so always ensure that you are in a safe place when leaving the game. With the system for dinosaurs in place we will move forward within the next weeks and bring you a new UI, dinosaur pets and the ability for dinosaurs to damage/attack your base. You are welcome to join the discussion for the development process on the Steam forums. We hope that everyone enjoys this update! Have fun!
- Improved FPS on all 3 quality settings.
- Adjusted several shaders to improve graphics quality and performance.
- Several post-effects have been adjusted to improve visual quality of the game.
- Wildlife improvement: Birds now fly a bit lower and will visit you more frequently.
- Wildlife improvement: The quetzals no longer fly on the ground or through trees.
- Day/Night cycle has been changed to 120 minutes per in-game day.
- The night cycle is now a lot brighter.
- Fixed Day/Night synchronization.
- Server AI has been completely rewritten/replaced resulting in smarter and roaming dinosaurs that actually fight each other and hunt you in packs.
- Cannibals have been nerfed. Reduced their damage and run-speed.
- Several attack distances and damage has been adjusted on dinosaurs to match the new AI behavior.
- When logging out your character will remain in the game-world for 30 seconds.
- Your character now longer recovers health automatically. You have to cook food to recover health. (Roasted Bacon, Roasted Meat, Dino Sausages)
- Hit-boxes and Hit-detection has been revised and tweaked to be more accurate.
- Loading Timer has been increased to 30 seconds for low-end computers.
- Random Spawn Point have been shifted to the outer regions of the island and separated with bigger distance.
- Rockets received a slight nerf. Added 1 beryllium to the requirements.
- You now receive 15 Bullets instead of 10 when crafting ammunition for snipers.
- You now receive 25 Bullets instead of 20 when crafting ammunition for rifles.
- You now receive 30 Bullets instead of 20 when crafting ammunition for pistols.
- Client now logs you in on launch.
- Server population now shows Low/Medium/High Population.
- Lobby has been recoded to boost FPS, several bugs have been fixed (mainly performance issues)
- You now start out with 3 Bandages after dying to heal up during the early game.
- You can now craft bandages.
- The persistantObjects.dat file is now depending on the server version. If you like to re-import structures from old versions simply rename the file to reflect the latest version. Example: In this Update 19 the file-name is "persistantObjects_19.dat", after Update 20 is released the server will look for "persistantObjects_20.dat". It will be created automatically without any structures if it doesn't exist.
- Turrets can only be placed on platforms, no longer on ground.
- You now have to start the local server outside of the game. From inside the game you can only join now.
- Added an option to launch the server from Steam. Right-Click the game in your games-list and choose "start local server" to launch your local game.
Food Healing Table :
- Sausages heal for 25 but you get 3 for cooking them.
- Meat heals for 50 but you get 2 for cooking it.
- Bacon heals always full but you only get 1 each time you create it.
we ported the game to Unity 5 and with that change we optimized the visuals a lot. Initially the update got delayed last week but we really hope that most of you will agree that the wait really paid off. Visuals aside there have been a bunch of bug-fixes and game-changes. Quite a few issues with the AI have been solved and improved and based on your feedback during the beta phase we already released patch 18.1!
The camera FoV has been adjusted to be a bit bigger, the flag system has been revised as it requires some maintenance now. The folks at Unity have done an amazing job with the new engine and we are happy improve the game even further within the next weeks - utilizing all features of the new engine like SpeedTree and the new UI System.
Please take your time on our forums to give us some feedback on this patch and the latest changes. As usual based on your feedback we will decide what's coming next to Beasts of Prey. And again, a big thank you to everyone who has been supporting and trusting us.
We don't have naked girls for you but you should get in-game and check out the new, gorgeous and amazingly beautiful graphics of the new Beasts of Prey client!
- Servers have been reset. Everyone starts from scratch!
- New stunning intro-scene showing you the new GFX of Beasts of Prey!
- RAM usage has been optimized. The game has been optimized to use only 1.3 GB RAM now (from previous 2.5 GB)
- The server now stores it's data on SQLite instead of raw binary data files.
- Client has been ported to Unity 5.
- Server has been ported to Unity 5.
- The old game-world has been replaced with a new more detailed island.
- Several code changes have been made to support the new engine.
- AI received a new pathing upgrade.
- Viewrange adjusted to 2000m.
- Light effects have been adjusted.
- Fog has been adjusted.
- Several post-effects have been adjusted/added.
- Switched terrain shaders.
- Sky brightness and coloring has been adjusted.
- Detail on trees, ground and water has been increased.
- Texture colors have been adjusted.
- Added new trees and foliage to the game.
- Optimized performance yet again to give you some extra FPS.
- Several objects are now using the new Unity5 PBR materials.
- Dinosaur and Cannibal spawns are now static and around those static stones - no more easy farming, get weapons and fight for your resources!
- A flying exploit involving the tower has been fixed. (thanks for reporting!)
- Player FoV has been increased.
- Rockets, Turrets and Lockpicks Blueprints can no longer be crafted on PvE Servers.
- Flags now have a life-time/maintenance of 2 hour which can be extended by adding woodplanks or woodlogs to its inventory. Consumes 1 wood from its inventory every 2 hours. The inventory of flags can be lock-picked.
- You can no longer place structures into positions that are already occupied by other structures (double placing)
- Foundations received new PBR textures.
- Several bugs you reported from the previous beta branch have been fixed. Thanks for all that testing!
- Increased light during night very slightly.
- The moon light has been increased slightly.
- Bed now only needs 3 iron as it's hard to get iron.
- Fixed NPC Spawning.
- Improved performance on medium and fast settings.
- Fixed a missing tree collider.
- Fixed a tree collider that was slightly too large.
- Fixed loot-drops on PvP Server.
- Fixed 3rd person camera visuals.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.