Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends February 10
SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends February 10
- Dinosaurs now wander island-wide to engage them into more fights/activity.
- Increased Health of Dinosaurs as it was too easy to kill them.
- Increased Speed of Dinosaurs when hunting players or other dinosaurs.
- Reduced damage of the crossbow.
- Adjusted client-side dinosaur movements. It sometimes could look like the dinosaurs were hitting you from a bit too far away.
- Herbivores Dinosaurs no longer attack you unless attacked.
- Game now starts at 6 o'clock in the morning rather than 12 o'clock upon server start.
- Sound range on several NPCs has been adjusted. (loudness and range)
- Birds no longer "glow". (Fixed Shader Option)
- Fixed a bug on the servers that caused the server to crash sometimes after running a few hours.
This is one of the biggest updates Beasts of Prey has received. The AI and the path-finding of the AI have been completely rewritten from scratch. Dinosaurs are now aware of walls and platforms and are able to enter your base. They will hunt and fight each other based on their breed, group-up & roam through the island.
You will no longer be safe anywhere on the map as dinosaurs now are able to wander around and reach every location on the map. The game-world has turned into a huge wild-life simulation, the official servers now are populated with a minimum of 500 dinosaurs at all times. In addition to these changes the game-client has been heavily optimized to increase your FPS. Several bugs and annoyances have been fixed which have been reported by our community. Loot-tables have been revised to make hunting dinosaurs and cannibals worthwhile. Health no longer recovers automatically, you either have to eat something or craft bandages to recover your health.
One important change that has always been requested was combat-logging. Now all characters will remain in the game-world for 20 seconds when you log-off so always ensure that you are in a safe place when leaving the game. With the system for dinosaurs in place we will move forward within the next weeks and bring you a new UI, dinosaur pets and the ability for dinosaurs to damage/attack your base. You are welcome to join the discussion for the development process on the Steam forums. We hope that everyone enjoys this update! Have fun!
- Improved FPS on all 3 quality settings.
- Adjusted several shaders to improve graphics quality and performance.
- Several post-effects have been adjusted to improve visual quality of the game.
- Wildlife improvement: Birds now fly a bit lower and will visit you more frequently.
- Wildlife improvement: The quetzals no longer fly on the ground or through trees.
- Day/Night cycle has been changed to 120 minutes per in-game day.
- The night cycle is now a lot brighter.
- Fixed Day/Night synchronization.
- Server AI has been completely rewritten/replaced resulting in smarter and roaming dinosaurs that actually fight each other and hunt you in packs.
- Cannibals have been nerfed. Reduced their damage and run-speed.
- Several attack distances and damage has been adjusted on dinosaurs to match the new AI behavior.
- When logging out your character will remain in the game-world for 30 seconds.
- Your character now longer recovers health automatically. You have to cook food to recover health. (Roasted Bacon, Roasted Meat, Dino Sausages)
- Hit-boxes and Hit-detection has been revised and tweaked to be more accurate.
- Loading Timer has been increased to 30 seconds for low-end computers.
- Random Spawn Point have been shifted to the outer regions of the island and separated with bigger distance.
- Rockets received a slight nerf. Added 1 beryllium to the requirements.
- You now receive 15 Bullets instead of 10 when crafting ammunition for snipers.
- You now receive 25 Bullets instead of 20 when crafting ammunition for rifles.
- You now receive 30 Bullets instead of 20 when crafting ammunition for pistols.
- Client now logs you in on launch.
- Server population now shows Low/Medium/High Population.
- Lobby has been recoded to boost FPS, several bugs have been fixed (mainly performance issues)
- You now start out with 3 Bandages after dying to heal up during the early game.
- You can now craft bandages.
- The persistantObjects.dat file is now depending on the server version. If you like to re-import structures from old versions simply rename the file to reflect the latest version. Example: In this Update 19 the file-name is "persistantObjects_19.dat", after Update 20 is released the server will look for "persistantObjects_20.dat". It will be created automatically without any structures if it doesn't exist.
- Turrets can only be placed on platforms, no longer on ground.
- You now have to start the local server outside of the game. From inside the game you can only join now.
- Added an option to launch the server from Steam. Right-Click the game in your games-list and choose "start local server" to launch your local game.
Food Healing Table :
- Sausages heal for 25 but you get 3 for cooking them.
- Meat heals for 50 but you get 2 for cooking it.
- Bacon heals always full but you only get 1 each time you create it.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.