Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
In this patch we are introducing the Ankylosaurus. This dinosaur was previously created for the Stomping Land, we are happy about Vlad's involvement in Beasts of Prey as the quality of the models speak for them-self. To animate them we hired Kiko from Borderlands/Star Wars:The old republic to give the model some tripple AAA look and feel. The engine got updated to the latest Unity 5 version which is now officially released. In addition to that DirectX 11 is back on Windows while MAC / Linux versions now still work fine with DirectX11 features enabled on Windows Builds. Turrets in the game no longer react only on range, but will change target based on what they can "see". Also their view-range has been increased making raids much harder. To further improve this palisades now cause damage when standing on top of them.
The day/night cycle got adjusted to bring you some extra light during the night and to improve the graphics which are now based on direct light, ambient light and reflection light. The rendering-mode has been switch from forward to deferred which results in a better performance with multiple light sources around. In addition to these changes several bugs you reported have been fixed.
We are happy to announce that Colin from the Jurassic Park:Aftermath Project has joined us to create a new map for Beasts of Prey. Within the next weeks we will update you on this progress. With Vlad we already have a very talented 3D Artist, last week we talked to Robert Fabiani who also is very talented to create the Stegosaurus for us. With Vlad, Robert, Colin and Kiko on-board we have now a stunning team that is able to deliver AAA models, animations and game-worlds.
Patch Notes :
- Ankylosaurus has been added to the game.
- Updated client & server to the latest unity engine.
- Optimized client to improve performance slightly.
- Adjust day/night cycle and graphic effects.
- The night is now slightly brighter on close range but darker on the far.
- Turrets now take line of sight into account, no longer just aiming at the closest target.
- Turret range has been increased from 45m to 65m.
- Palisades now cause damage when walking/standing on them.
- Adjusted client-code to address vanishing walls/structures (Please confirm!)
- Fixed a bug in the main menu.
- Server now loads and stores data much faster.
- Fixed Fall-Damage.
- Fixed several visuals on structures.
- Fixed several animations on the dinosaurs.
- Official servers received a full wipe.
after yesterdays patch i received a few reports about graphic issues. I applied a Hotfix today that solves this. Also todays Hotfix allows you to recapture a base as the owner of the base which will set all structures again to yours (if it got raided previously).
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.