Even though Steam says I have not a lot of hours played for this game don't be fooled! I have played this game long before I even joined Steam and all I can say is that FlatOut 2 is one of the best derby games out there.
- Great Soundtrack: In my opinion, the majority of the soundtrack is epic that'll put you right in the racing mood.
- Replay Value: No joke, this game has so much variety it'll take a long long time before you'll get bored. From races to derby matches to even stunts, it seems endless. For example, you may have a Single Player race in the forest lands. Well there are 3 maps of forest or so to chose from. This applies to everything in Single Races, like racing in the city or racing on a track.
- It's Hilarious: If you crash your car at a certain angle your driver ejects out as a ragdoll. It's just hilarious. The stunts involve ragdolls as well, which makes the stunt aspect challenging as you can move your ragdoll in the air- or give it a little 'nudge' to go farther or higher.
- Handling: The steering isn't too hard. Playing with the keyboard isn't too difficult to manage. if you get used to it, you can go off with a victory without using a gamepad.
- "Realistic": In moderation, of course. You can lose a wheel and driving the car becomes more challenging. If you use a 'street' car in the forest the handling won't be so easy. Pieces fly off your car, doors fall off, windows break, muffles unhinge, it's a joy ride if you love crashes!
- Since the world on the race track is practically destroyable in every way some things can cost you a first place finish. For example, if a fence falls apart and finds its way on the road it can interact with your car differently than say.. some tires! The fence can slow you down as your car hits it compared to the tires just bouncing off. Some ramps are sudden and it can toss you all over into the car or into a wall. But it's all for the fun of it really, crashing is a part of the whole game.
- Some Racers have an advantage over you: this is quite an interesting thing in the game. If you were to go into a derby with clunky cars, Frank Malcov will be, most likely, the last one standing because of the heavy car he uses. However, in a race, he won't come near first because of the disadvantage of having a big heavy car. Each car is different and so is every driver. This isn't so much of a con but something to be aware of!
This game is the best for games that involve crashing. It's fun to crash into others, it's fun to demolish everything because everything is practically demolish-able! For the price, it's something I would get for sure.