STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
We just wanted to let you know that Man O' War: Corsair launches today on Steam Early Access.
The game will go live at 8am PDT and will be $29.99 with a 10% launch discount.
Thanks so much for the support so far everyone. Just to let you know we haven't abandoned Victory At Sea and hope to announce our future plans with VAS in the near future :)
About Man O’ War: Corsair:
Man O’ War: Corsair is a video game of high adventure, naval combat and exploration based on the Games Workshop classic Man O’ War table top game. Play as a rogue Captain of the Empire or Champion of Chaos, personally navigating your vessel in third person across the Great Western Ocean while plundering enemy ships, visiting ports, trading and making legends of your deeds across the land and sea! Engage in boarding actions, with direct control over your Captain and take the fight to the enemy.
In Man O’ War: Corsair, players will explore a vast continent featuring over 50 unique ports. Featuring customisable characters, fleets of sailing vessels, cannons, spells and mystical creatures all clashing on an epic scale, but beware the very waters beneath your bows… Here there be monsters!
Man O’ War: Corsair features:
• Sea based warfare – engage in thrilling broadside battles and take command of your captain as you board enemy ships from an on deck perspective!
• Huge game world to explore with over 50 ports
• A huge variety of customisable vessel types and characters
• Trade and fight with other Captains, vessels and ports
• Hire wizards and other magical beasts to do your bidding
• Command allies from different races and fight deadly enemies including -
Orcs, High Elves, Dwarfs, Dark Elves, Skaven, Pirates, Chaos, Sea Monsters and more!
• Travel the huge environment day and night, and in all weathers.
- Port battles have been updated with additional land-based defences to pose a greater challenge to invading forces. These include bunkers armed against approaching boats and aircraft, batteries of shore artillery that can deal damage to your fleet at range, and land-based aircraft.
- Custom port battles will also have these defences, with the port strength selectable in the fleet options.
- Fleet deployment positions in the campaign will be remembered between battles, to help save time repositioning your ships.
- You may be assigned a new mission to aid a low supply port, and given cargo ships for your fleet. These will be present in every battle until you reach the destination port.
- Missions from the Admiralty may now be declined. You will not be court-martialed for this! Additionally, you can cancel a currently active mission via the pause menu in the world screen.
- New campaigns in the Atlantic and Mediterranean theatres will have fewer Vichy French ships around, instead replaced with more Kriegsmarine fleets.
- An option has been added in the campaign options to start new campaigns at a random friendly port, and assigned to a random destroyer or cruiser. This will automatically skip the tutorial.
- Upon purchasing a new ship from the shipyard, you may now give a custom name to the ship and its captain. Also, non-player captains in your fleet now have a random chance of dying or surviving upon losing their ship.
- A new interface element has been added (from the iOS port) as an alternative method of turning a ship. Helm control can be toggled by clicking on the center wheel icon.
- Ports in the world screen now show the number of ships currently present in their defence fleet, versus the maximum.
- The carrier captains’ alert popup has been shrunk down to be less intrusive.
- Fixed a bug where ship orders would not work when the camera was zoomed out to the maximum.
- Fixed a bug where mission information, etc, was being displayed in English when playing in a different language.
- The Admiral Hipper-class cruiser now has its missing weapon information added in.
- Added in some missing tooltips on the UI.
- New Atlantic campaigns will start with most ports flying the Kriegsmarine flag rather than that of the Vichy French. The Italians will also have a base in Bordeaux.
- Torpedo belts no longer offer so much protection against torpedoes.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a campaign never to reach the victory condition.
- Create your own game mods, adjust the difficulty, add theoretical ship types or replace the enemy battleships with Torpedo boats, it's all up to you.
- The Kriesgmarine are now playable in the Atlantic. Can you change history and defeat the combined naval forces of the British Empire and its American allies?
- Hard and Expert campaign modes for all theatres pit you against more numerous and higher level enemies from the start.
- Hard and Expert mode also introduce repair costs, keeping your fleet in top condition comes at the cost of your ports' supplies.
- New Submarine mechanics to help you strike and widthdraw by deep diving.
- The Imperial Japanese Navy is now playable in the campaign. Can you drive the British and American forces from the Pacific?
- Fog of War. Campaign map vision is now restricted based on night/day and whether you have radar or aircraft. Battle map vision is similarly reduced - you’ll have to find the enemy before you can sink them.
- Starting positions: Choose where your ships are placed at the start of battle.
- Squadrons: Group your units into column and circle formations, order the lead to move the entire squadron.
- Spotter aircraft added to appropriate ships to assist locating the enemy in battles.
- The Battle of Cape Matapan and the Battle of the Java Sea are now playable historical battles.
- The US Northampton-class heavy cruiser, the Dutch Sumatra- and De Ruyter-class cruisers, and several destroyer classes have been added.
Victory at Sea © 2013 Mongoose Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this work by any means without the written permission of Mongoose Publishing Ltd is expressly forbidden. All significant characters, names, places, items, art and text herein are copyrighted by Mongoose Publishing Ltd.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.