**update** MY REVIEW SAYS RECOMMEND, BUT I NO LONGER DO.
I have not played this game for awhile. I joined to see that this game has gone way down hill. I paid $20 for this game because I was so excited. Now the game is so ridiculously monetized and slow, boring, and grind heavy. I doubt I will update this review anymore, I can't see this game getting much better.
After many more hours playing this game, it has become very clear that this is no minecraft clone. The game does not look like minecraft, the game does not play like minecraft, and the game does not even remind me of minecraft. (vanilla minecraft)
Here are a few reasons that are great differences currently.
1. Mining is completely different, you often have to dig into an ore vein to locate other, deeper ore. I thought this was awesome and I find myself looking for clues on the surface of the landscape when scouting out for resources I need.
2. The crafting system is very straight forward, no need to check a wiki page every time you want to craft something.
3. Building is awesome. There is nothing else like it, but the closest thing comparible is like playing minecraft with world edit and other advanced tool plugins installed, with smooth terrain and awesome block varieties
4. Speaking of block varieties, they handled this masterfully. You mine a bunch of stone and you do not need to craft stone bricks or decorated stone, you simply just switch your tool to that texture and they all just use basic stone as their source. Same with dirt, and wood, etc.
5. GRAPPLING HOOK. You have seen it in terraria, and maybe in starbound, well it works fantastically in Landmark (Think the Bionic Commando Reboot)
6. I am sure I could keep going, honestly, but no one will want to read any more than this.