Quick answer: do not buy this.
It is a minimalistic maze roguelike, which sounds like a pretty good idea, but ends up lacking in so many areas:
+ The hard difficulty is challenging
+ It is a good "I have nothing to do" game
+ Traps, units, and items are decently balanced
+ Decent soundtrack
= It is fun for the first few hours
= It is indeed roguelike by every means
= Uses their own assets, but they have also sold them, so the game ends up looking generic.
- Lacks options. How so? No options at all. Also, it has no key rebindings.
- It is nearly impossible to lose on the easier of the two difficulties and requires a lot of time and luck to get through the harder difficulty
- One mistake on hard can easily make you restart the entire maze
- Way overpriced for what it is and can currently be played for free (w/ ads, etc.) at http://jayisgames.com/games/famaze/
(Currently this game has NO differences from the free version other than slightly larger display and no distractions around the screen.)
- Edit: http://www.agame.com/game/famaze
- Too simplistic
- It is basically a glorified maze with roguelike elements that turns into more of a perfectionist puzzle than a roguelike.
In conclusion, it is in your best interest to stay away from this game. If you are really interested in a luck based challenge, a strategy intensive puzzle game, or an extremely easy roguelike with RPG as minimal as the style, than this game can be decent. Overall, it is lacking so much to be justified as anything over $1 or your equivalent of nearly free. While I personally like the minimalistic style this game chose to go, I do not feel like it offers much in comparison to other roguelikes of the same price.