When I first saw this game released on Steam, my inner child squeaked of excitement: finally a MMO in which you can play as a teddy bear, how awesome is this!!! Five minutes after I started the game, the enthusiasm was replaced by a huge disappointment because I realized it's a game heavily based on micro transactions despite the fact that it is advertised as free to play on the store page. It is free to play indeed, but only until you reach level 10 (out of 50 currently possible); after that you need a monthly subscription to progress further. I decided to pay for 1 month, because I wanted to explore the whole content and maybe reach the end game.
The target audience being mostly children, this game was designed to be very accessible and enjoyable for kids. The story is very simplistic: you need to protect the world from Queen Vexa and her minions called Nix. There is no actual combat; “fighting” is done by running over the minions.
The graphics are cute and very colorful and the fact that there is no violence in this game turns the gameplay into a very optimistic and positive experience for a kid. But if you’re an adult, you’re probably going to feel out of place (don’t read: “pedophile”), both because of the simplistic nature of the game and because of the community.
Half of the gameplay consists in completing quests for the NPCs, which in turn award you with experience and some silver coins that you can spend in the game shop to buy decorative items for your personal home. Each quest is a mini game of different sorts: either a jigsaw puzzle, or driving a car and collecting items, or some very basic platforming bits and many others. There are some group activities as well, in which you need to collect things or run over the enemies. The quests are very repetitive and become boring very fast. There’s no difference in being level 50 or level 10, except for the fact that some of the items from the shop are locked for lower levels. So in my opinion, there’s no reason or motivation to pay for a subscription and level all way up to 50.
The other half of the gameplay consists in gathering numerous collectible items. And here’s the catch: you can obtain around 75% of them from the shop or from the group activities, but for the other 25% you need some special in-game currency (gold coins) that is purchased with real money only. Of course, each of these collections is linked to a Steam achievement, so if you want to go for 100% achievements, be prepared to throw big money at them. This was one of the things that set me back a lot, since I consider that a game that offers special items for real money should at least be free of charge (no subscription needed). Or if a subscription is required, then this special currency should also be obtainable through other means in game, without having to pay for it (unless you really want to do so). Even more so, I consider that the achievements for these collections, which can be completed only by spending $10-$20 on each, should be completely banned from Steam. Until recently there was no way to obtain these gold coins by only playing the game without a subscription; however, since they increased some of the prices a lot and added many new special items, they decided to add to the group events some occasional rewards consisting in very small amounts of this currency. For every group event you are now eligible to obtain 20-50 gold coins, which means that you need to participate in hundreds of these events, bordering to 1000 for a couple of achievements, and all this assuming that you get something every time you play. This is practically a sad and lame joke from Ganz’ part.
Bottom line: I don’t recommend this game since its sole purpose is to drain your wallet. And don’t show it to your little kids either, since they’ll probably start begging you to buy them silly things that cost a lot of money.