STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
We never really liked how players could escape automatically after their imprisonment in "Caribbean!" or M&B games. This is a role-playing game after all, and the player should be in control of his own destiny. Besides, there were other oddities and some illogical things. For example, even after being held captive by forest bandits, players could run away from them with their gold, armor and weapons on hand, losing only some boots and a horse. Or losing a sword and gloves maybe, but keeping the horse.
It's not very clear if we try to think of this aspect logically. Obviously, prisoners would lose ALL their valuable items, not just randomly selected ones. So if you're defeated in battle in Blood & Gold, here's the list of not very pleasant option you will face:
Today we're happy to introduce "Blood & Gold: Caribbean!" — a reborn project with a more fitting title, filled with lots of community's most wanted features. It's coming to Steam and GOG on December 10th, free for all current owners of "Caribbean!".
The current game will still be available for download, as its savegames won't be compatible with B&G, so you can always continue your journey there if you like.
However, we'd strongly advice to make the switch and start anew, because this is what you can expect when the new game comes out in December:
- Addition of the native Caribbean troops.
- Playable female character.
- Ability to take a walk in town.
- All new 3D global map.
- Multiplayer mode.
- Blackjack minigame.
- Quests from governors.
- Special missions, including assassination contracts, some of which require stealth approach.
- New special locations: plantations, mines, monasteries, ruins of Aztec empire.
- Management of the player’s trading caravans.
- Hub for managing player's business and property in a much more convenient way.
- Completely reworked land battle locations.
- Updated fleet management — ships will have to be kept at bay when you proceed to travel on land.
- Destructible fortifications during sieges.
- New prison escape system.
We’ll explain how some of these new features will work in the coming weeks. For now, here are some new screenshots:
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.