Publisert: 15. desember, 2014
Latest Update Jan 2015!
It seems that the developer is cutting out some of the features being promised, there may be some stuffs missing, do go to their discussion Latest Updates to check it out to see if its worth it for you. I will find time to play to see if its worth it to purschase at all, quite a number of us are disappointed by how thgins turn out.
November 2014 Update below.
After spending some time in this game. Here my review. Its real time, however you can pause the game or every now and then any events happen the game will automatically pause. To me this game is like a rpg and strategy. Mixture of sid meiers pirates + mount and blade combination. Sid meiers is classic and simple to play.
1) Freedom to roam around and do whatever you want. As a pirate or captain of any nations or even join the brotherhood pirates!
2) Similar to Mount and Blade but with extras like sid meiers pirates! Battle on Land and at sea, board ths ships!!
3) You have tons of skills as you level such as born leader, diplomat, fencer etc....(This is 1 of the few areas they done it well here with many traits available for you to choose once you gain certain levels.)
4)Tons of ship for you to sail, you can hire, upgrade you cannons or add in extras enchancements for you ships. You can have up to 6 ships in your fleet! You can choose your own flagship! how cool is that. Sailors in your ships gain experiences as you battle in sea and in land!
5) As you level, depending on the skills or traits you have your troop size will increase.
6) Tons of different of nations troops for you to hire such as Bucaneer fighters, English musketeers, Calvaries, Dutch irregular pikemens, veteran soldies, as you level depending on you troops survibility, it will level to veteran and fight better. You even have Cannons! Either you handle the cannon your self or hire a gunner, but theres a limit.
7) You can chat with any of the different nations such as French, England, Spain, Netherlands and Brotherhood, either join the,against them or neither have you own kingdom!!
8) Ability to invest in any of the towns and make money such as builds for fish, lumber , jewelleris etc.
9) You have tons of items to equip from head to bottom, swords, guns, shields etc. Inventory are more than enough. (another area they have done well mixing rps elements here)
10) There are npcs ships, pirates, different nations chips roaming around on their own, and also land npc roamers on their own too.
11) You can take control of towns and have you own kingdoms!! During land and sea battles, you can give commands!
1) like what they said I dun think this is a completed game yet, during battles, you will have some scripts errors but you still can fight as per normal like mount and blade. Occassionally you will have some loose soldiers seperated from the rest most times when seige!
2) Having your own kingdoms is nice however there not much of dialogues and other things you can do yet besides the normal fighting, trading etc. Its still not complete yet.
3) Some traits although activated are still not working properly.
4) Not much quests available and no story modes.
5) This is still a 70% early access game and not sure when will it be be completed.
Overall i have high hopes for this game, this game is worth it if you see it on Sale get it, or keep track of the developments then you decide whether you want it, but there might be a chance the price will go higher so I will suggest if you like freedom to roam, sid meiers pirates +mount and blade games, get this on sale!