**Please keep in mind that this Review is simply a matter of opinion, based upon certain facts of the game [age/PC requirements/etc.]**
SRS, Where to begin on this?.. First and Foremost, If you're looking for a game thats entirely seamless and has top of the line graphics on the vehicles, You may as well stop this review, and head to another page, as this game is nearly 10 years old now (Came out late 2005).
With that aside, SRS has many features that even most current games do not give you the luxury of changing anymore.
1) Get to Customize your car [i.e. weight reduction (for carbon fiber peices), A Body kit (sadly, only 1 for each car i have tried that is... beside the stock body), Underglow (to which you can change between about 8 different colors), Body+Rim paint, etc.]
2) You get to choose which parts can go onto the car, they have about a 18 parts from real life authenticated part manufacturer's that you can use to upgrade your car with, turning that 343HP Nissan GT-R, Into a 918HP AWD Road Beast ;)...
3) The game is fairly realistic in its driving (except the fact you can obviously keep driving after hitting someone going 120... but hey, its a video game), But on that note. You dont want to go around and wall grind around corners like alot of people do in NFS. It makes for a very costly repair bill after your races.
4) ^ In note with that, It honestly makes you a consious driver, As you NEED to avoid obsticicles if you want to start earning money toward that awesome car you're waiting for, Giving it that realistic feel. (Repair bills are a B!@#$.)
5) What it adds over the other games, Is the fact you can free roam everywhere without limitations toward the map. (But the map in its own is fairly small and rugged)
6) Races are gauged by a 'Respect' system, You earn respect by running races quickly and cleanly, And throwing in a bit of spice to mix the pot.
7) [and probably the best/most reason everyone whose played the game prior for] The girls. Yes, As you race, you get the chance to earn yourself a Girlfriend, (18 in total, all unique, their own descriptions and they even went as far as to add comments as to what they like) Each girl has 3 Videos of them dancing as you race with them tagging along with you. (Except for one, which i heard is bugged with only 1 video, unsure as to which one so far)
1) The graphics are pretty out-dated (but hey... its 2014, and this is a 2005 game, still not the worst..[could always go back to GTA2?.. bahaha])
2) The maps are small.
3) There is no real story to the game.
4) To those of you whom play RPG games, This Racer has a 'Grinding' feel to it. As you end up repeating alot of races in order to get the car/upgrades that you desire.
5) The modifications are pretty limited, (both tuning wise and cosmeticly)
6) A (decent, but) Small quantity of vehicles to choose from. [If you are into muscle/luxury cars, and dont like racing with anything else, dont bother with this game, as it deals with mainly tuner styled cars (save for the Lexus IS300)]
7) The game goes by fairly quickly, I've got just under 9 hours on record currently, and i already have the 2nd most expensive car, and beaten nearly every race perfectly.
8) Is meant as a keyboard game, Not fully integrated for PS3/xbox360 controller use.
All in all, I would definately recommend this game for those of you who are nostalgic with old racing games (weather it be this one specifically or racing in general) But would definately just add it to your wishlist untill it comes on sale, unless you're die-hard for those videos ;) haha.
**As a side note, For anyone who plays/buys the game, keep in mind that upgrading and buying high-end modifications for your vehicle wont always make it the fastest, weather the fact its a bug in the game [which would not suprise me] Or just the way the designed it.
As an example. I've got the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII ('04 model) [which is unlocked before the '02 Evo VII]. Did a few minor modiciations to it, bringing it from the 200HP or so it started at, up to 814HP. It will go 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, But the top speed maxes out at a measly 160mph (claims 162, but i couldnt pull it off, even downhill).
While on the other hand, I have a Mazda RX-7, which has about 740HP, but maxes out at a stunning 190mph.
If you have any questions, Please drop me a comment, and i'll do my best to help out.