“People sat down and played that movement demo for hours on end, and it was just the beginning. The game is fast, frenzied, and gorgeous even in these early stages. With a bit more polish, it could become as addictive as Towerfall and Nidhogg.”
“I’m ga-ga for rockets.”
“The agility of these rockets belongs in the Luftrausers universe, where survival is only possible if you can stall your plane's engines and turn on a dime in mid-flight. Get to grips with that and you can dance.”
Over dit spel
ROCKETS is a game where you fly ROCKETS
that shoot ROCKETS
at other ROCKETS
! The ultimate in arcade action arena combat, with the fluidity and amazing feel of soaring through space.
So what is in the game RIGHT NOW?
- ROCKETS. We feature only the finest interstellar vehicles.
- LOCAL VERSUS MULTIPLAYER. Get your fellow rocketeers together, we're going to BLOW THINGS UP!
- UNDERDOG MODE. A flock of rockets versus the lone rebel. Amongst all the friendly fire, will you rocket to the top?
- TEAM PLAY. Every rocket needs a wing-person!
- STANLEY. This is a story of a rocket named Stanley. Meet the AI Rocket that thinks he has free will, and meet the rockets he will relentlessly fire at your rocket.
- COOL LIGHT TRAILS. These are some classy rockets that are a lot of fun to fly.
- ALL THE CONTROLLERS. In addition to full keyboard support, we currently support dozens of different controllers, and are always adding more!
- MODDING. Dig into our data files and edit yourself up a new game mode! Steam Workshop support!
Right now ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS is an excellent play-with-friends or party game, and attracts crowds when we demo it at events and meetups. Brushing up your skills with the A.I., Stanley, or taking on your friends and loved ones is a blast, as is simply enjoying the wonderful dance of the rockets!
And what is planned for THE FUTURE?
The Alpha version here on Early Access is in constant development, with big updates usually once per month (and experimental builds on an almost daily basis). Though we have tons of small things to try and refine, and though we won't know what's fun and what works until we implement it, here are the things we want to try to get into the game:
- ROCKETS. The game will not be complete until there are more ROCKETS in it.
- COUCH vs. COUCH. Play single-player or co-op locally while simultaneously playing competitively over the internet, for maximum fun!
- LEAGUES. East vs. West? AZ vs. BC? Local friends? No matter what aspirations, a built-in league tracker will let you know how close you are to competing in the NATIONALS.
- SINGLE-PLAYER TRAINING. Right now you can technically practice with our first A.I., Stanley, but we want to throw actual learning scenarios at you so you can discovery the higher levels of strategy, improve your aim, and challenge yourself and your friends to beat your records!
- SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN. Hone your skills and rank your rocketeering status with an engaging single player campaign with bonus endless modes!
- LEADERBOARDS. Think you're the fastest shot in the West? Let's find out!
- ZEN MODE. Explore the romantic tension as the rockets perform an intricate ballet around each other, making art, not war. Change the color of your contrails instead of firing weapons and share your works of art with the world!
- CO-OP MODE. We're experimenting with different co-op modes, including two players on a single rocket rocket -- one person flies, one person shoots.
- ROCKET BRAINZ. A system to allow players to write their own AIs for the rockets and see how they fare!
- YOUR IDEAS. We listen to our rocketeers. Let us know in the discussion forums!
Of course, we're so early in development, who knows what the future will bring? Be sure to post your ideas to our forums!