Click to watch the Dust to Dust trailer
In case you've missed the news, our friends at Team.SM just released a new Korean patch for Endless Legend and the Guardians expansion.
We are officially unleashing the Guardians today (trailer available here):
GIOS, the Earth Guardian, senses all that moves in or across the planet. When engaged in battle, the ancient giant inflicts impressive zone damage to enemy units by causing earthquakes. If the need arises, he is also able to repair cities’ fortifications.
NEROS, the Water Guardian, listens to the echoes of the present and the past. While roaming your enemies’ land he can destroy watchtowers and extractors. In battle, Neros can use his Tsunami charge to deal damage relative to his distance from the target.
FOTIOS, the Fire Guardian, is linked to the primeval force of fire. He is able to cast a powerful light that drastically extends vision range. In combat, Fotios uses his flames to inflict fire damage over time on his enemies.
ATMOS, the Air Guardian, tracks the winds and scents of Auriga. Despite his size, the giant can teleport inside vision range, covering large distances in the blink of an eye. Atmos is also a fearful opponent as he gets stronger with each and every kill.
SKOROS, the Dust Guardian, is attuned to Auriga's magical currents. He has the ability to fully heal an entire allied army, and can use mind control spells to manipulate enemy units during battle.
LEGENDARY DEEDS & GLOBAL EVENTS
Legendary Deeds are another way to compete with other Empires. These competitive challenges reward the best with different types of compensations: bonuses, technologies, resources, and items. Additionally, Global Events are now unfolding on Auriga. They will challenge all Empires with competitive and cooperative quests. The best will be rewarded with resources, items and special units!
LEGENDARY & UNIQUE BUILDINGS
- 10 Legendary Deeds: these extraordinary achievements are disseminated throughout the Eras. Each of them can only be completed by a single player and will give a significant boost by unlocking one of the new technologies, items, or city improvements created for the expansion.
- 10 Global Events: be the one faction that makes the most of unexpected events affecting the entire planet.
- Cooperative & Competitive Quests: both cooperative and competitive quests have been added in which players will either need to work together or compete to obtain a reward or suffer the hard consequences.
Compete with the other Empires to build up to five Legendary Buildings. Gain powerful City Improvements that boost resources outputs, Approval or Influence. Unique buildings also allow further customization of Empires by unlocking specialized city improvements which are designed to support progression toward specific victory conditions.
- 5 Legendary Buildings: massive undertakings, these awe-inspiring buildings can only be built by one player per Era. Unlockable by achieving Legendary Deeds, these buildings are so powerful they are visible on the map.
- 10 Unique Buildings: additional unique buildings that will provide benefits and allow players to specialize their cities depending on their surroundings.
- Added Guardian units
- Added Gemstones items
- Added new Unique Buildings
- Added Global Events
- Added Cooperative and Competitive Quests
- Added French, German, Russian, Polish, Italian and Spanish translations of Guardians
CHANGES AND ADDITIONS
- Added an outgame view featuring the Wild Walkers
- Added a notification displaying the features of a new content the first time the player launches a game with it
- Added the content management system
- Added a more comprehensive explanation of the restricted content warning
- Added information about enabled contents and victory conditions in the tooltip of a MP session
- Added a new quest featuring a Guardian
- Added precisions to some steps of the Necrophages Faction questline
- Added a limit of one occurrence per game/empire for each global quests
- Added a game option to enable/disable the global events
- Added a feedback on the unit tooltip when the unit is a Mercenary unit bought on the marketplace or from converted villages
- Added a tooltip on the Military screen when the unit capacity of an Army is exceeded
- Added a message to let the player know he/she's waiting for the other player between the resolution phase and the targeting phase of a battle
- Improved anomalies display on the 2D map
- Morale is now displayed in the "Status effects" of the Unit battle cards.
- Negative Morale is now displayed in battle
- Validity of traits in custom faction is now checked (in order to avoid the exploit of duplicated traits)
- Renamed the Wild Walkers "Arcane Repository of Zaltana" in order to avoid confusion with the Wonder victory
- Increased the base incomes of the Trade Routes by 25%
- Effects of Shock capacity can now be cumulated
- Increased a bit the Influence cost of Force Peace/Alliance/Truce of the Drakken Faction trait
- Force Peace/Alliance/Truce of the Drakken Faction trait don't give Diplomatic Points as declarations anymore
- More advanced weapons have been added to the Taskol unit of the Victory Quest for a higher challenge against these armies
- Changed amount and nature of the loot a player can get by defeating the Taskol unit in the Victory quest
- Reduced the diplomatic heuristics for the Luxury resources
- Doubled Strategic Resource gains of the Cultists from their converted villages
- Doubled chance to get some Titanium of Glassteel when looting something by searching Unspoiled Ruins in Era 1
- Increased a bit chance to drop some Titanium and Glassteel as reward in quests triggered in Era 1
- Changed battle heuristics on Heal, Increased Attack, Acceleration and Mind Control
- Changed the way the military upkeep reduction is applied:
- BEFORE: the Military Upkeep reduction was applied on each unit, then the army was computing its own military upkeep.
- NOW: the Military Upkeep reduction is directly applied on the army, which means reductions are more powerful.
- BALANCING: in order to take in consideration this update, the "Thrifty" hero skill is now providing a reduction of 20% per level on Military Upkeep (instead of 50%)
- Fixed issues of frame rate drop and long end turn phases
- Fixed a NullReferenceException (DepartmentOfForeignAffairs.IsFriend)
- Fixed an issue where an infinite loop can occur when the AI has no city left and a settler running
- Fixed an issue where building a district on top of an opposing army will cause the MP session to be stuck on end turn
- Fixed an issue where, during a multiplayer session if the host destroys extractors or towers in a city, it will lead to an assert and get stuck on end turn
A lot of fixes for the AI, the Multiplayer, the World, Empire, Cities, Units, Heroes, Battles, Quests, Diplomacy, GUI, VFX, Achievements
We ran out of characters so you'll find the full release notes here: