“Each character has complex interpersonal relationships with several of the others—just as in real life. This large network of characters is one of the game's strengths, and the conflicts that arise among them drive the story forward.”
“...the game is essentially an illustrated story, but it must be said that the story is pretty good. You do get to know Wednesday’s children, extended family, and neighboring merchants. The social puzzles in the game can be fun to solve.”
About This Game
Wednesday is a witch who foreswore magic for the love a mortal, now passed away. Urged by her family to resume her natural talents, she instead opens a little shop, spinning and selling yarn, intent on a quiet life. Unfortunately, the crazy world of small business will spin her, until Wednesday reclaims her personal power.
Weave the threads of her life, by simply clicking on who and what will progress the story, scene by scene of crafted text, handsome art, and instrumental jazz. If by some chance (or as you intended) disaster falls, you can rewind the story to try again. How much trouble can you cause with a spinning wheel and a pot of mushrooms?
- Help the odd proprietors of neighboring business solve mysteries and puzzles.
- Foil Angelica's real plan to ruin Wednesday's yarn shop!
- Survive eight rampaging witches.
- Rebuild the bonds between Wednesday's family, including her weird, distant relatives.
- Lay the foundation for a thriving business environment on Cherokee Ave.
- Earn $1 for Wednesday before the end of the day.
A wonderful game for shared playing. Clues for solving puzzles are intricately woven into the story text. More readers mean more chances to succeed! Make up funny voices.