In 2013 the world was devastated by an apocalyptic event, annihilating almost all mankind and turning the Earth's surface into a poisonous wasteland. A handful of survivors took refuge in the depths of the Moscow underground, and human civilization entered a new Dark Age. The year is 2033.
Release Date: Aug 26, 2014
Watch HD video
Available: August 26th, 2014
This game will unlock in approximately 1 month, 1 week, and 1 hour
Pre-Purchase Metro 2033 Redux
Packages that include this game
Recent updates View all (1)
May 23rd, 2014
This Summer, Metro Redux collects two re-mastered and improved versions of the classic Metro games -- Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux.
For Metro 2033 Redux, Metro 2033 has been rebuilt using the newest version of the powerful 4A Engine, last seen in action in Metro: Last Light. That means advanced lighting, dynamic weather, higher detail for characters with improved animation, more dynamic destruction, and improved smoke, fire, and particle effect.
Metro: Last Light Redux has also received a upgrade, including new melee animations and the fan-requested ‘Check Watch’ and ‘Check Inventory’ features. All previously released Metro: Last Light DLC will be included in this Redux version.
New ways to playBoth Redux versions will now feature two modes of play: ‘Survival’ and ‘Spartan’. Survival lets you play either game in Metro 2033's more survival-horror oriented style, with deadlier enemies, slower reloading, and more limited resources. Spartan lets you play either game in the Last Light style, with more polished combat and more plentiful resources.
Ranger Mode is included for free in both Redux versions, and can be combined with Survival or Spartan modes, leading to a total of four modes of play for each game.
Only Steam, Metro owners get a special discount to upgrade to the new Redux versions:
- Metro 2033 owners can upgrade to Metro 2033 Redux for 50% off, and get 25% off the Metro Redux bundle.
- Metro: Last Light owners can upgrade to Metro: Last Light Redux for 50% off, and also get 25% off the Metro Redux bundle.
- Owners of both Metro games get 50% off the Metro Redux bundle.
Metro 2033 Redux on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/286690/
Metro: Last Light Redux on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/287390
Read the full announcement with all details on the official website: http://enterthemetro.com/uk/news/game_information_uk/return_to_post_apocalyptic_moscow/
About the GameIn 2013 the world was devastated by an apocalyptic event, annihilating almost all mankind and turning the Earth's surface into a poisonous wasteland. A handful of survivors took refuge in the depths of the Moscow underground, and human civilization entered a new Dark Age.
The year is 2033. An entire generation has been born and raised underground, and their besieged Metro Station-Cities struggle for survival, with each other, and the mutant horrors that await outside. You are Artyom, born in the last days before the fire, but raised underground. Having never ventured beyond the city limits, one fateful event sparks a desperate mission to the heart of the Metro system, to warn the remnants of mankind of a terrible impending threat.
Your journey takes you from the forgotten catacombs beneath the subway to the desolate wastelands above, where your actions will determine the fate of mankind. But what if the real threat comes from within?
Metro 2033 Redux is the definitive version of the cult classic ‘Metro 2033’, rebuilt in the latest and greatest iteration of the 4A Engine for Next Gen. Fans of the original game will find the unique world of Metro transformed with incredible lighting, physics and dynamic weather effects. Newcomers will get the chance to experience one of the finest story-driven shooters of all time; an epic adventure combining gripping survival horror, exploration and tactical combat and stealth.
All the gameplay improvements and features from the acclaimed sequel ‘Metro: Last Light’ have been transferred to Metro 2033 Redux – superior AI, controls, animation, weapon handling and many more – to create a thrilling experience for newcomers and veterans alike. With two unique play-styles, and the legendary Ranger Mode included, Metro 2033 Redux offers hours of AAA gameplay for an incredible price.
- Immerse yourself in the Moscow Metro - witness one of the most atmospheric worlds in gaming brought to life with stunning next-gen visuals at 60FPS
Brave the horrors of the Russian apocalypse - equip your gasmask and an arsenal of hand-made weaponry as you face the threat of deadly mutants, human foes, and the terrifying environment itself
- Rebuilt and Remastered for next-gen - this is no mere "HD port." Metro 2033 has been rebuilt in the vastly improved Last Light engine and gameplay framework, to create the definitive version of the cult classic that fans and newcomers alike can enjoy
- Two unique Play Styles : "Spartan" and "Survival" - approach the game as a slow-burn Survival Horror, or tackle it with the combat skills of a Spartan Ranger in these two unique modes
- The legendary Ranger Mode returns - dare you play the fearsome Ranger Mode? No HUD, UI, deadlier combat and limited resources combine to create the ultimate immersive experience
- OS: Windows Vista, 7, or 8
- Processor: Dual Core CPU (2.2+ GHz Dual Core CPU or better)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 10, Shader Model 3 compliant graphics cards (GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB, GeForce GTS 250, etc)
- DirectX: Version 10
- Additional Notes: PROVISIONAL
- OS: Windows 7 or 8
- Processor: Any Quad Core or 3.0+ GHz Dual Core CPU
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 11 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 480 and above)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Additional Notes: PROVISIONAL
© and published 2014 by Koch Media GmbH. Deep Silver is a division of Koch Media GmbH, Gewerbegebiet 1, 6604 Höfen, Austria. Developed by 4A Games. 4A Games Limited and their respective logo are trademarks of 4A Games Limited. “Metro 2033 Redux”, “Metro: Last Light Redux”, “Metro Redux” are inspired by the novels “Metro 2033” and “Metro 2035” by Dmitry Glukhovsky. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
There are no public reviews for this product yet
You can write your own review for this product to share your experience with the community. Use the area above the purchase buttons on this page to write your review.