Note: This Early Access game may or may not change significantly over the course of development. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you may want to wait until the game progresses further in development. Learn more
Arena: Cyber Evolution v0.5 Update
NEW RUNNER - CAPTAIN SMOKE
A new runner has entered the arena! Captain Smoke is the poster boy of the local peacekeeping solutions offered by InSec.
Combining his nerve gas and his trusty Drones, he can control and pacify the most unruly crowds.
- Right-Click: Launches a gas grenade at a location and significantly slows down all opponents hit by the gas.
- Spacebar: Launches a drone that will try to control the ball, pass to you and your team, and score goals.
Captain Smoke is free to play this week, so test away and please report any bug you find in the Steam forums!
- Further clarified which characters and hats are locked (not owned) in the lobby.
- Removed the video that played in the background of the menu. This is now a static image, which should greatly improve performance in the menus on lower-end computers.
- Matchmaking will now search for 180 seconds instead of 120 seconds before filling the rest of the spots with bots.
- Removed the high-pitch 'hum' in the ambient menu sound.
- Reduced the power of the Grab Range implant.
COMMUNITY-REPORTED BUG FIXES
- Parties should not longer get split across different teams when joining a game. If a game does not have room for your entire party to be on the same team, another game will be joined instead.
- Free Runner Rotation is now implemented. The Negociator and Vengeful Star will always be free to play, but an additional two Runners will be available for free and will rotate on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. This week's free rotation is VexWrecker and Captain Smoke.
- Updated all the "off-screen" thumbnails displayed when Runners are out off-camera during gameplay.
ARENA: CYBER EVOLUTION
- New SHERIFFINATOR skin for The Negociator.
- New Cowboy Hat
(comes with the Sheriffinator skin, or can be bought separately).
- New Fireman Hat
- New Straw Hat
- New Helicopter Hat
- The in-game mouse laser/cursor now turns green when your Secondary (right click) Power is ready to be used. The laser turns white when it is on cooldown. This is only the first pass of an overhaul of the player HUD, there is a lot more coming to make all of the game's events and actions more clear.
- Slightly reduced size of players and their collision.
- Slightly increased movement speed.
- Slightly increased shot/pass strength.
- Reduced the effectiveness of the "Power on Pass" implant.
COMMUNITY-REPORTED BUG FIXES
"STUCK ON LOADING SCREEN" BUG
- This bug should no longer occur. If you still run into it, please report it via the Report Bug feature AND post about it in the ACE Steam forums (in the Bugs subforum). Thanks!
SCORING THROUGH GOAL
- We have reinforced the collision around the goals, so scoring through a goal wall should no longer be possible.
- Fixed Vengeful Star's Hyperdisk (right click) power on clients.
- Fixed a bug where the characters would face the opposite direction of the movement direction when using a controller.
- Fixed a bug where the Back To Home Menu button would not appear at the end of a game if you played a game by yourself with no bots.
- Fixed hats sometimes appearing at characters' feet for clients.
OTHER NEW FEATURES/CHANGES
Both teams will now see the victorious team's dance at the end of the match.
“The futuristic cyberpunk soccer game was the best new esport at PAX East”
“It could very well be the next big esport at competitions all across the globe”
“The communal aspect of Project Cyber is what revolutionizes this experience. Not only can you voice your opinion during the development process, you will also get the chance to change the match you’re watching by choosing an event”
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.