So much love went into this game I don't even know where to begin
I'm a huge shmup fan -especially in the dojin bullet hell genre -this is truly the best one on steam I've come across so far (and there are a lot of good ones on steam)
This game is impressive and not just as an individual indie effort -this would be impressive work for a team of talented people.
That said, it's not perfect -but it's real close -and the pros far outweigh the cons.
- Amazing high detailed pixel crisp art -with a gorgeous color scheme
- Fantastic Soundtrack (at times it reminded me of musha which is a good thing)
- Relentless action
- Didn't waste my time with story line crap
- Went the extra mile with the bosses -they feel unique and require a bit of strategy
- The game will kick your ♥♥♥ unless you squash certain enemies before they are a problem -like spinning lasers
- Lock on feature that works while firing
- Excellent balance of break attacks with a gauge that simplifies bombing and super charging breaks into a single button which was a smart choice. I really liked this aspect as it rewards you for not relying on bombs heavily.
- Tons of unique enemy designs. It never felt repetitive.
Though there were a couple very small things that went outside my own personal preference...
- The movement should be just a little bit slower for the amount of bullets on the screen. However it seems this is a bit of a trade off depending on the ship you choose. Not exactly a con -but i wish there was a bit more control over that as I like very slow precise movement in these types of games.
- Later in the game some of larger bullets that spread fully across the field that require you to touch them without hitting their hitbox against your own were layered over the depth of ship making it very difficult to judge youhr position when weaving between them. This didn't happen often and could just as easily be considered a part of the challenge.
That said, I can't praise this game enough. It felt like a work of genuine passion for bullet hell games.
I'm glad I didn't wait for this one to go cheap on sale -the creator deserves to make a lot of money for this game and I hope he releases more games like this on steam!