STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
A new version is now available on both branches. These are the changes:
-On 'Fields of Tau Ceti' there are now 3 specialized start expeditions with loadouts and start locations suited for 3 different activities: Farming, Hunting and Fishing. (Select by going to CUSTOM settings, else it will be randomly selected at game start.)
-Fertilizer is now needed to keep farm plots productive after growing a number of crops. Two types can be used: Compost or guano.
-A specialized tool, the turnip cracker, is now required for butchering the armored turnip animal. Turnip flesh is now edible by humans.
-Turnip hut is now built where the animal was killed via a special action on the shell item. The shell is too heavy to move.
-Changed the landscape around the river to give more room for different camp sites. Also added more fish around the river.
-Rebalanced many food item sizes and nutrition profiles.
-Smoking meat/fish is now done in larger batches.
-Kitchens can now store items such as food and tools used in cooking.
-Cooking pot will now 'contain' the stew and other cooking products that are made with it.
-Food item tooltip now lists the satisfied daily needs under the NUTRITION heading.
-Fixed a crash that happened when an item was consumed.
-Improvement to production to make it more resilient if something happens to the input materials.
-Fixed a bug so that the new iron arrows can be used with the bow.
-Dog can no longer gather stones and check the fish traps.
-The armored turnip animal can now only be killed with firearms (characters will no longer try to kill it by kicking it).
-The fish weir will now also catch fish.
-Removed music in the Tutorial because of the many stop/starts from the event screens.
-Changed the music tracks on the Fields of Tau Ceti map.
'Fields of Tau Ceti' is a new sandbox map that takes place centuries after humans arrived at planet Antheia. Humans have now lost much of the technology that was brought to the planet.
In this primitive future, a small community settles in the wilderness. Apart from an old farming robot they have no advanced gadgets and rely on simple methods when working the land. You'll use traps, black powder, smithing, a dog, a robot and much more when managing the colony.
NEW GAMEPLAY FEATURES
- Robots. The 'GOPHER' which can harvest crops and transport materials. The 'ANT' which is for weeding and scouting.
- Dog. The Tau Shepherd will protect the colony from attacking animals.
- Animal traps: Spring snare, deadfall trap, spring trap and land mine. Can be set up as pest control, as protection against predators and for food. Colonists will check them periodically.
- Sentry gun. Will fire on threats from a distance and the colonists will keep it loaded if possible.
- Black powder. Can be made from sulfur and the new resources charcoal and saltpeter. Can be used for the black powder rifle, the varmint bomb and for mines.
- Improvised smithy for primitive metalworking. Uses iron ore and charcoal.
- Kiln. Produces charcoal and mud bricks.
- Granary. Keeps vegetables safe from field quadites.
- Huts: Clay hut made from mud bricks. Watercane hut. Turnip hut made from the grown 'Turnip' animal.
- Field quadite. These plant eaters have a voracious appetite and any farmers settling on firegrass must protect their produce from them.
- Megapod. A large slug-like animal that lives in the swamp.
- Swamp dendront. A camouflaged ambush predator.
-Bajingan. A scavenging species of thunder chicken found on Twinkler Island.
- The game has been optimized to allow for bigger colonies and more animals on a larger map.
- Many memory leaks have been fixed. These would cause out-of-memory exceptions during save/load or when playing for a long time.
We hope you will enjoy this new update and look forward to hearing your comments!
Unclaimed World is © 2012-14 Refactored Games OÜ, all rights reserved.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.