Review of NBA 2K15, 7 months after the release, good timing amirite?
Anyway I'll go over the different parts of the game, the good, the bad and the ugly of the game's mechanic and such.
+ Fluent animations
+ Bench reactions, the bench players go nuts whenever you throw down the jam on the center
+ Helps giving the game it's amazing atmosphere
- The actual ball mid air can look like it's attached with a string to the basket. Which gives it a ugly look
- If your 5'8 guard has dunking capabilities it'll look weird as ♥♥♥♥.
- Teleporting players during cut scenes :/
+ It learns from your way of game
+ Good in general
+- Overrated, when I picked this up I was expecting more from all the hype it has gotten.
- The coaching A.I has questionable time outs.
+ 10/10 nothing more to say
+ Defending is actually fun, YES, DEFENDING IS FUN, who'd know.
+ Offense is even more fun.
+ The shooting system is good and balanced to a certain degree. If your Durant is facing up against a good perimeter defender he'll have a harder time shooting from the 3, for example.
- Rebounding is too easy. Way too easy.
The review of the game content:
+ Realistic drafting
+ Realistic trading
+ Training camps
+ Staff have different traits to them, which is nice I guess.
- Annoying A.I, the coaches and players especially keep on nagging about not getting enough play time or training being too hard. Hell I've got a 85 overall Zach Lavine complaining about his 25MPG when I've got Damien lillard 96 overall playing 34MPG.
- The owner, sets unrealistic goals and gets whiny whenever you fail them.
- You can't retire numbers, which is really sad. This should definatily be implemented in to the gamemode.
- The progression of the players isn't all that good.
- 50K VC for buying the club. 50K. I'm in my 8th year as the GM of the Timberwolves, I've won 3 straight titles, gotten the most points in the season 4 times in a row. Spent around 5k VC on training camps and such. Yet I've only managed to gather a total of 15K VC...
--- Andrew wiggings broke 3 NBA records in a game, I wanted to see how it played out so I gave him the ball all the time. Turns out there's not even a scene from him breaking the record(s). He just scored the 101th point. Why is there no outburts. Dissapointment really.
Now this is the mode I've been playing for 200 hours
You start off as a undrafted rookie and you've got to train for different teams, yada yada yada.
+ Well voiced cutscenes (SOMETIMES)
+ Well made player editor, probably the best I've played around with.
+ You can buy animations from different legends and players (FOR VC)
- VC, ♥♥♥♥ the currency. This game is a money grab, honestly. You shouldn't be able to buy VC, it makes it so unfair when you're playing MyPark. And it's a nuisance to farm up all the VC.
- You become a starter for the club WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY (I can't express this enough) too easy. I got traded to LAC as a PG, 3 games and I was competing with CP3 for the starting position.
- You can't decide what type of player you want to be. As I've heard you could do in the previous games. Now you start of with the same stats. A 6'8 250lbs SF has the same attributes as a 6'6 175lbs SF.
- I can't buy uppgrades for one single attribute, I've got to buy a so called "pack". You get 1-3 points in each shooting attribute. Even if I just want to be a sharpshooter from 3.
- Coach gives too much + in teamgrade. You'll always end up with at least an A.
I haven't played much of this, but I've gathered some of my favorite players from history and present. Like Rondo, The Worm, KG, Paul Pierce and Andre Drummond. But from what I've played this game mode is the best out of the 3 in terms of most positive to negative aspects. Still the VC currency, which is a ♥♥♥♥♥.
I've yet to play a single online game apart from MyPark.
(Location isn't the most relevant, and the network not the best)
I still would want them to add a few things.
LIKE KAREEM ABDUL JABBAR. NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY HE ISN'T PRESENT IN THE GAME.
Add some more "legend teams" (Like the '01 Phillies and '94 Bulls which are already in the game).
Did I say add Kareem Abdul Jabbar? Do it.
Overall rating 8/10
The gamemodes need fixing, the "system A.I" (Don't know what to call it) needs some fixes, the VC... Please remove it.