I APOLOGIZE IF MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD, I HAVE PLAYED LEAGUE OF LEGENDS AND DOTA 2 FOR A SOLID 300-400 HOURS EACH. I AM JUDGING THE GAME FOR IT'S CURRENT STATE AND AM AWARE IT IS EARLY ACCESS. I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL REVIEWER (JUST A GAMER WITH AN OPINION)
I am very sorry, this game has A TON of potential. But in it's current state I do not recommend this, at all. There are a TON of bugs, a very user-unfriendly interface (Both in-game and in the lobby) and no tutorial (Atleast have a tutorial when you're selling a MOBA)
Another reason being is the lack of players. The average amount of players is around 5. No I did not miss a 0 behind the 5. Literally 5 people. On a side note, I have bought the Beta Deluxe pack which is far from the value you would consider getting for 35 Euro's.
At the moment the choices in Breeds (Champions, Heroes, however you would like to call them) is very minimal. The ideas behind the Breeds is very good and innovative, having Daybreeds and Nightbreeds, depending on your Breed of choice this might, or might not, impact your abilities and/or game.
The thing I liked the most about the game is the ability to see what you have bought. By that, I mean that if you buy an axe for example, you are wearing that exact same axe in your hand, or both of your hands if you like to dual wield.
Despite of this game having alot of potential, having to pay atleast around 20 Euro's to get into the closed Beta is ridiculous, I understand it is Early Access but this has gone a bit too far.
You can also level up and gain Rank Points which you can spend to Upgrade your artifact, an in-game item which you have to buy with Silver Coins (Premium Currency) or the currency you gain by playing games, which is hard to do with a lack of players. You can also spend them on your breeds to increasy their stats such as Vitality, Strength etc.
People might say that the lack of players doesn't really matter this much because you can play against bots. There are 2 main problems with this. #1: Eventually you would like to play this game against people, if people have to play bot matches to give feedback, they might take the bots into consideration without noticing because a game with bots is far from the same as a game with actual players. #2: The bots are so damn easy, I have literally seen this a dozen times, an ally/enemy Breed attacks an enemy/ally breed while they are at 50 HP and the opposing breed is at Full-HP, this should be basic programming and should already be fixed.They also appear to not care about any Creep aggro what so ever since they will most likely die to Creeps more than to enemy Breeds. Instead of trying to kill you, they will ignore you when you are on low HP rather than chasing you a bit and trying to actually kill you.
Below I will list the pros and cons (My personal opinion) of this Early Access game (I am not a professional reviewer, I just like to write these. I am just a gamer with an opinion):
- Appearance changing depending on the items you buy.
- Interesting Breed "System".
- Cool theme, dark and creepy-ish.
- Good graphics, runs well on low-end PC's as well.
- Good concept with having PvE mixed in your PvP match, altough this needs alot of updates to be fun and good (For now it's just killing skeletons by clicking on them and waiting for them to die.
- The Behemoth, when you destroy the enemy Crux (Nexus, Ancient etc.) a doorway opens which leads to a Behemoth, which I have yet failed to kill because of the timer (!) on the one and only map available, for now.
- A ton of bugs, this can be forgiven by it being in an Early Access state, I am just stating reasons for why not to buy this game at THIS moment.
- A serious lack in players, ranging from 3-9 daily.
- A lack in Breeds.
- A clunky and non-immersive combat.
- Poor hitboxes, I have often see myself throwing my ability into someone's face and not hitting which is extremely frustrating.
- No tutorial, you have to hover over an item or object to have an indication of what it does or what it's purpose is.
- The difference in prices between the Barebones Pack and the Beta Deluxe Pack is too much for what it offers. Even though this isn't a direct influence of the game, I like to review the game for Price-Performance.
- Frustrating UI. You will be banging your keyboard trying to find your way out of the shop, trying to sell an item or trying to find that 1 item you want.
- It's worse than the F2P MOBA's out there in it's currrent state. But I do think that in the long-run this will be better.