Audio Effect Plugins on Steam
G8 Gate is an audio effects plugin. For more info on audio plugins please read our Audio Plugin FAQ.
Despre acest Software
G8 is a high-quality noise gate with many tricks up its sleeve. It is both a professional dynamics workstation and an experimental amplitude effect. Use it for noise reduction, AM/granular synthesis, bouncing ball rhythm programming, tremolo, trajectory panning, transient shaping, and much, much more.
G8 requires a VST/AU host (called a DAW), and has only been tested to work on 64-bit operating systems.
Please see our compatibility chart at http://unfilteredaudio.com/g8compatibility.html
before purchasing. G8 works on all of the listed DAWs, but each DAW treats G8's inputs and outputs differently. If you would like to test G8 on your system before purchasing, you can download a demo at http://unfilteredaudio.com/g8.html
- “Cycle” and “One-shot” gating modes give you the ability to use G8 as a stutter effect, AM/granular, or tremolo.
- Customizable MIDI inputs and outputs allow you to trigger G8 from MIDI clips or to synchronize instruments to G8 for drum replacement or groove extraction. Combined with G8’s alternative gating modes, you can create intricate rhythms, bouncing ball effects, or MIDI clips with granular trigger patterns. Synchronize two instances of G8 over MIDI for the ultimate customizable sidechain.
- “Reject” Outputs allow you to hear the audio that gets blocked by the gate. Use this innovative feature to create amplitude-dependent effect chains.
- "Flip mode" swaps the regular outputs with the Reject Outputs. Use G8 as a strange compressor, or remove grains from your audio.
- Expert Mode contains an advanced routing, amplitude, and filtering matrix for each channel, as well as individual input monitors for up to 4 channels. Use this to clean up the analysis input with even more precision, or to create unpredictable gating polyrhythms.
- Sidechain support (in select hosts, please see the compatibility list for more information).
- Independent Analysis Gain and Output Gain controls eliminate the frustration of balancing your mix with your ideal analysis level.
- RMS and Peak style metering selection ensures that you will always have the right tool for the job.
- Lookahead control with accurate latency reporting to the host.
- Wet/Dry control for parallel gating, compression, or expansion. The dry signal is latency-compensated to prevent any unwanted phase issues.
- Variable Reduction controls the depth of the gating, from full silence to barely-there disturbances.
- Hysteresis and Hold parameters to prevent “chatter” or unwanted dropouts.
- Locking modes allow you to keep specific parameters frozen on preset change.
- DRM Free. When you buy it, you own it. No serial numbers, dongles, or forced internet connections.
- Steam Cloud Support means that if you use G8 Gate through Steam, all of your presets will be automatically backed up to the cloud and synced between your computers.