Note: This Early Access game may or may not change significantly over the course of development. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you may want to wait until the game progresses further in development. Learn more
We’ve been very busy after Darkwood’s launch, and released a few critical updates and hotfixes for most of the problems you’ve been having. We’ve also rested a bit after the pre-launch crunch time, watched a ton of Darkwood letsplays, hanged out in loads of streams, and read a lot of the suggestions you have been posting on the forums. We’re extremely excited about the reception of the alpha, but that’s a story for a different time.
The important thing is, we can now begin working on the first major update for Darkwood. There have been many reports about optimization - sometimes you can run the game on old and feeble laptops without a problem, while other times beefy rigs struggle with Darkwood. To fix this, we need to rework some of the behind-the-scenes stuff, which will take some time. This is a big change, so the sooner we do it, the better, and we’ve decided that it is a priority for the next update.
Optimization is of course not the only thing coming in Alpha 2. You can expect a little bit more of everything, and hopefully a fix for the issues some of the Mac users have been experiencing. I’m afraid the exact things we are planning will remain a secret. The Acid Wizards see your suggestions and what you would like to see improved in the game, so keep them coming! <3
When is the update coming out? We don’t know. We work *a lot* better if we’re not stressing out about a deadline, but it’s safe to assume that you can expect for us to work on it for AT LEAST a month. Don’t worry, we haven’t run off with the money, and we’re not spending 100% of our time playing Dark Souls.
There’s a lot to do before we’re satisfied with Darkwood, and we’re fully commited to making this the best experience possible!
The Acid Wizards
It's been 10 days now after the launch, and here we are with the third minor update with a ton of fixes, and some balance changes to help players struggling with the first days in the game. Please note that this does NOT mean we are "dumbing" down Darkwood. It will remain very challenging, but as of now the difficulty curve is way too steep and needs a lot of work, which will also be addressed in future updates.
- You can now dismantle barricades which you have created, reclaiming some of the materials used.
- Weapons are more durable now.
- The plank with nails has a new default attack.
- Time passes a little slower.
- Days are longer.
- It's brighter during the day.
- The player moves a little faster, and has a lower movement speed penalty when aiming weapons. Also, no speed penalty when out of stamina.
- Enemies have less stamina, and are a bit less aggressive.
- There is a new visitor during the night.
- You can't brute force padlocks anymore (at least it's much harder).
- Throwing a item (like the molotov cocktail) for a second time requires you to press the RMB again, to help prevent unintentionally dropping it.
- More space for items in your hideout.
- You have some starting reputation with the traders.
- Red and gray potions can be crafted from the start (you don't have to buy the recipes). Their effect is visible instantly.
- NPC in the church sometimes gave the wrong code.
- Wolf reputation sometimes didn't sync.
- Some optimizations for stuttering in the forest.
- Fixed receiving reputation from selling a item when a trader's inventory is full without actually losing the item (and vice versa).
- Recipes are no longer duplicated.
- Fixed player freezing on some occasions.
- You can no longer learn the same recipe twice.
- Fixed infinite item turn in for NPCs exploit.
- Rain was too loud.
- If a well was repaired in the middle of the night, it didn't have any water.
- Fixed huge FPS hit while in the pigsheds.
- Fixed ambient light not saving in some locations.
- You no longer lose your inventory at the end of chapter 1.
- Fixed black screen on end of chapter 1.
- Fixed notes in the journal sometimes leaving a page if you've found too much.
- Fixed beartrap duplicating exploit.
- Fixed incorrectly loaded doors and barricades.
- Fixed not being able to drop a dragged item by pressing LMB if accessed the journal or map.
- Dying outside of the normal world no longer freezes the time.
- Fixed some issues with the cursor.
- Fixed issue when sometimes you could not craft stuff even though you had the required ingredients.
- Item quality no longer changes when loading game.
- Chicken heads and the violin no longer serve as repair kits.
Released a hotfix for some of the issues with the new patch:
- Hopefully final fix for black screen at the end of chapter 1.
- Fixed player freeze when harvesting mushrooms and moving at the same time.
- Fixed health / stamina upgrades resetting sometimes.
- Wolf dialogue no longer loops infinitely.
- Fixed endless flare burning upon loading game.
- New cursor animation when aiming a melee weapon + info about it in the prologue.
- Night attacks no longer stop after day 5.
- Fixed infestation causing serious lag, especially when burning.
- Hopefully a fix for the filling generator freeze.
- Roads no longer disappear.
Copyright © 2014 Acid Wizard Studio. All your base are belong to us.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.