Just when you thought you'd eradicated all traces of aliens from otherwise liberty-loving soil, reports confirm to the contrary - THE ALIEN INFESTATION IS SPREADING! New areas are being ravaged, and the enemies are evolving!
This update brings you new levels, new enemies and an exhaustive list of bug fixes (with plenty more fixes still pending)...
Worms erupting from the terrain, spurting facehuggers out their mouths, dripping in acid saliva!
Acid filled aliens rush screaming towards you and EXPLODE!
Alien eggs oozing acid!
OTHER NEW STUFF
Boss Health Bars
As well as maggots
...and new Level Editor triggers
(quick triggers for aliens, force trigger swap bro / add more specials)
* After completing level 4, camera moves to level 5. Camera stays focused on 5 & only moves to show full map when chopper moves away.
* Level 5 colour differences in chopper in entry screen & in Bro Dredd
* Arcade city level that goes downwards: After killing Satan, the cages aren't breaking
* City level: Rescue chopper comes in from left, when bro is on ladder, it turns right & the bro flies away midair
* User Generated Island sometimes missing
* Elevator boss: Issue with camera following boss while player still able to move
* Goliath mech boss freezes when beaten, won't allow player to move on from end screen
* Mook Kopter AI pattern
* Mooks not scared of aliens at close range
* Area liberated scene now shows aliens
* Killing aliens sometimes leaves red blood on terrain
* Improved alien AI (including Xenomorphs better suspicion & investigation states before fully alert)
* Sandworms now swallow grenades
* Aliens sometimes getting stuck against a high wall
* Facehuggers bugging out when something happens to host (float)
* Thrown facehuggers disappear for a frame
* Reduce facehugger health by 1 (now they are always 1 shot kill always)
* Facehuggers hug cars then bug out
* Xenomorph corner animation
* Reduce Xenomorph health by 1
* Double Bro 7 skipping lazer
* Missing bro crouching with facehugger animation
* Ash Brolliams killing aliens with chainsaw makes his face full of red blood
* Killing aliens with some bro attacks makes them bleed red blood
* Bro Max boomerang taking too long to return
* The Brode's special VS Sandworm
* McBrover satchel packs stick to turrets and sandworms
* Bronan's shockwave now affects turrets & other machine-based terrain
* Saw blade turrets & rocket turrets not getting activated by aliens
* Saw blades only show red blood
* Spike traps making certain bros float when they do specials & knifed mooks floating up when on spike traps
* Spike traps exploding when dropped from underneath
* Knifing terrain no effect (a "ping" and some sparks to illustrate that the bro is having an effect)
* Trigger switch bug with activating
* Quick triggers not working at super check points
* Add option to spawn remote cars from ammo crates (or not)
WEEKEND WORKSHOP BRODOWN COMPETITION
WWB has been some incredible fan-created levels being submitted. It's been rad playing your creations! We are finishing the competition with our last theme next week. All our winners to date have been added to the mysterious User Generated Island, so if you haven't already, go check them out!
THE AWESOME WINNING LEVELS SO FAR:
WWB0 "Michael Bayhem": Mountain Knifeback
by Gandalf the Rock Wizard
WWB1 "Temple of Doom": Operation Blackout!!!
WWB2 "Die Hard": Elevator Action
by Soup Calhoun
WWB3 "Cliffhanger": Mount Brolympus
WWB4 "AcBRObatics": Panic at Razordome
by Soup Calhoun
WWB5 "Extreme Underground": Azazel's Rock
WWB6 "First Contact": Something in the Sewer
WWB7 "Broscension": Underground Double Towers
WWB8 "Chain Broaction": Through the Restless Land
WWB9 "Melee Mayhem":
CLOSED - Winner to be announced on Friday
Follow THE STEAM DISCUSSION
to find out what the 10th and last theme will be!